What the heck...

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by reloader97, Jul 1, 2012.

1. reloader97

reloader97 New Member

Has anybody ever heard of the hunt saboteur association. I just saw a video of it on YouTube and its just ridicules

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Groups devoted to interfering with hunting have been around for some time. Will get you put in jail here in Virginia and several other states.

On the other hand, you are planning on going into the woods, and harrassing people that have loaded firearms............

Evolution?

3. reloader97

reloader97 New Member

Hahaha im glad I live in VA

4. tCan

tCan Active Member

I was under the impression that it was a felony to interfere with the legal taking of game.

5. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

People tried that here in MO........they stopped after the 5th or 6th one was checked in at a gas station;)

6. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Hmm, officer I though it was a deer!

7. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Nope....just told em they had branches on their heads and was trespassing ;)

8. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Yea.... That's definitely a grate way to git shot around hear. I guess if you wonted to commit suicide with out actually killing yourself, just run through the woods screaming between October and January somewhere in Alabama.

9. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

I don't know about FELONY. I could see it being a misdemeanor or something.

10. tCan

tCan Active Member

(a) It is unlawful for a person to interfere intentionally with the lawful taking of wildlife resources or to drive, harass, or intentionally disturb any wildlife resources for the purpose of disrupting the lawful taking of wildlife resources. It is unlawful to take or abuse property, equipment, or hunting dogs that are being used for the lawful taking of wildlife resources. This subsection does not apply to a person who incidentally interferes with the taking of wildlife resources while using the land for other lawful activity such as agriculture, mining, or recreation. This subsection also does not apply to activity by a person on land he owns or leases.

Violation of this subsection is a Class 2 misdemeanor for a first conviction and a Class 1 misdemeanor for a second or subsequent conviction.

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I used to have a Bay mare I loved to take out on trail rides. I was afraid to ride her during hunting season. I was always very careful where I rode her in the fall. I didn't want anyone thinking she was a deer and shooting at us.