What the... Explain your ID/avatar

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Mercator, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

My avatar is from a 15th century Dutch painting titled "Ship of Fools."

My ID is after a 16th century European cartographer. He is credited with the first 2D world map.

What's your story :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I had a sex change. Now I can feel myself.:p

3. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

Mine is Magnum PI. He has a mustache. I like mustaches......nothing gay or anything. I don't want to see him naked.

4. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

Mine is Jerry Garcia with a rifle. I dunno Jerry was the man and I love guns. Also it sorta looks like me if I go to long with out a shave.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Mine is an animated panda bear being shot.

Can anybody ID the rifle?

6. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

Is it a Win Mdl 70? Can't say for sure.

7. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

My ID is the name of a spice blend I make and my avatar changes regularly. Today & only today the avatar is of a Bullwinkle balloon in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade, it is the 7th Bullwinkle avatar I've used for the past week during the SM's comic book character game. Tomorrow, who knows?

8. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

My avatar is one of my favorite pictures of all time. The 2nd flag raising on Mt. Suribatchi on Iwo Jima. My ID is from Vassily Zaytsev, although I misspelled the one for my ID.

9. stratrider

stratrider New Member

My avatar is a Jolly Roger flag. I usually stick with a pirate themed avatar due to the nature of my work. I work as a supply boat captain in the most piracy prone waters on the planet, the Gulf of Guinea, west African coast. My nick is derived from my street bike, a Yamaha Stratoliner. Pic not related...

Attached Files:

10. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

What do you all do in case of a pirate attack?

11. stratrider

stratrider New Member

Mercator is also a common type of chart projection, the same kind we use at sea.

12. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

My name was given to me when I was assimilated. (Former name was Picard) My avatar is the picture on my Military I.D. card.:D

13. orangello

orangello New Member

It seems like it is really long in the barrel. I have no idea.

14. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

15. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I thought you're anti bear. Panda's not a bear.

Edit. Garcia may be holding an antitank rifle.

16. orangello

orangello New Member

For many decades, the precise taxonomic classification of the giant panda was under debate because it shares characteristics with both bears and raccoons.[45] However, molecular studies suggest the giant panda is a true bear and part of the Ursidae family,[3][46] though it differentiated early in history from the main ursine stock. The giant panda's closest extant relative is the spectacled bear of South America.[47] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panda#Classification

Know thy enemy. The pandas are just too lazy to kill anything faster than bamboo, though they will eat carrion.

Black bear, Brown bear, White bear, or Panda bear, they all look better dead.

17. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Molecular eh. Well I'll be darn.

18. JW357

JW357 New Member

My current avatar is my S&W 66, and Winchester 30-30. My current favorite handgun and rifle that I own.

My nickname consists of two semi-random letters (or are they?) and my favorite caliber is .357 Magnum.

19. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Mine is of a SSGN (modified Ohio class) submarine preparing to moor in one of the foreign ports of call that it visited. I chose it because I did two tours aboard this class of submarine. Had done a previous tour aboard a fast attack submarine (688i Los Angeles class).

My handle is indicative of my job as a Submarine Force Independent Duty Hospital Corpsman and the class of submarine I did the most time aboard.

Out of the last 13 years in the Navy I've done 10 years on submarines. Now I'm getting some shore duty. Plan on military retirement in the next few years.