What stock is this..?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by icallshotgun88, Sep 27, 2013.

1. icallshotgun88

icallshotgun88 New Member

My next project is a Remington 700.
    I think this is the sexiest stock I've seen and I was wondering if anyone knows the name of it or who makes it...?
    I don't have any info, just found this picture a while back..

Attached Files:

2. tk04

tk04 New Member

Looks nice

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013

3. string1946

string1946 New Member

Barrett Firearms. They probably don't make the stock but thats the picture. Not sure if them sell the stocks seperate.

www.barrett.net/firearms

4. icallshotgun88

That's not quite the picture and te stock is a little bit different.
    The picture I posted should e a stock for a Remington 700

5. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I don't know which brand it is,but it's just a chassis stock. There are several makers of the chassis style stocks,and all are very expensive.
    The lower priced units start around $750,and go up fast depending on the exact extra's you want.

Google rifle chassis stocks,and you'll find all you want.

6. roughneck266

roughneck266 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Its not that one but these guys make a nice modular chassis, and the price is fairly good as well:
    http://mdttac.com/

7. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  8. icallshotgun88

9. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

You either overpay a hell of a lot or make a lot more than i do lol

10. Salvo

Salvo New Member

Reminds me of two-dollar "tactical tape" that cost $12.00 a roll.

In this case, with a "tactical chassis stock" you get three dollars worth of plastic and fifteen dollars worth of aluminum for $300-1500 dollars.

The markup on "tactical" stuff is astronomical because most of it is bought with taxpayer money by police departments trying to militarize themselves.

Dallas Texas just bought an armored Hum-Vee that is set up to survive roadside bombs. - It's hard to imagine how they have gotten by without one of those, up to now.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  11. icallshotgun88

I probably overpay a bit but I usually only get $2k back per year..

12. icallshotgun88

You're so right, dude. What a waste of money. I should just keep my money and keep the standard Hogue stock that comes with it.
    I'm just a poseur who buys all the things that are trendy and cool at the time.
    "Tactical" is such a waste. And anyone who pays more for "tactical" stuff obviously is far inferior to other gun owners.

13. icallshotgun88

Name one "tactical" accessory that can't be useful..

14. icallshotgun88

A light is "tactical"..seems pretty useful for anyone protecting they're home
    A fore grip is "tactical"...seems pretty useful for anyone who feels comfortable using one in ANY situation (it's personal preference)
    An adjustable stock is "tactical"...seems pretty useful for anyone who wants to feel more comfortable with their firearm

I can go on..
    All of these things are "TACTICAL" and all you do is hate on these things and talk about how it's a waste and that no one needs them.
    If you add a light and a fore grip (etc.) to your rifle it is now MORE TACTICAL. Yet you seem to hate these things and look down upon people who equip their weapons with them.
    People don't just use their firearms for fun on the range but for protecting themselves and preparing for bad times. THEREFORE, equipping firearms with "tactical" features isn't "a waste" like you say it is.
    You're just a grumpy old man.
    Go to bed.

15. icallshotgun88

Axxe, lets take YOUR AR15 for example.

If you added a fore grip and a light you would have a "tactical" rifle.
    Maybe you prefer the fore grip and maybe your AR is your home defense weapon and a light would be useful...

Would those "tactical" accessories be a waste?

No..yet I've seen you continually bash "tactical" accessories.

In fact, I've watched you for the last few months on here. You constantly bash people and are always condescending and quite frankly, just kind of rude.

Take your medication and go to sleep.

16. icallshotgun88

Haha. I KNEW you wouldn't have a good come back for that one.

The truth is, if you put a light on your gun it is now "tactical"
    And there is no way you can argue that a light is not helpful when defending your home at night (or plenty of other scenarios)...
    And there's no way you can argue that having a light on your rifle is in any way harmful or a "waste" of any kind other than a few ounces of weight.

Sweet dreams, grandpa.

17. icallshotgun88

The fact is I'm not a kid. Young? Yes. I'm 26, with 2 college degrees, a career and a great future ahead of me.
    You keep talking about me like I'm young and dumb. Quite the opposite. I'm young and sharp.

You're old and stubborn. I better not catch you adding a light to your AR15 otherwise you'd be just like the rest of us "young punks".

18. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I don't have a light on my shotgun which is my primary HD gun and have no problem being able to clear my house with it.. A light is not helpful for me since I can see fine without one and don't want to necessarily give away my position.

And as a small side note, name calling isn't really appreciated here and Axxe is a well respected member around here and is very knowledgeable so I'd suggest you show some to the seasoned members and you may learn something. I know I have

19. icallshotgun88

That's cool that a light isn't useful for you. But that's still not an argument for lights or other "tactical" accessories being "useless" like he claims.
    And I refuse to show respect to anyone who talks down to others, even if they are "seasoned members" of some online forum.
    I've seen him be just rude to other members (not just me) over the past year. No matter how much knowledge he has there's no excuse for it.
    And I'm sorry, he sounds dumb for arguing that a light and a fore grip are "totally useless".
    It's one thing for him to say he doesn't have a need for it, but to talk down to others that use them is ignorant.

20. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

A light is a useless "tactical" accessory to me, so yes, there is an argument. Just like pistol grips on shotguns used for waterfowl hunting would be useless as well. And how could you have seen it over the past year if you've only been here since July 2013? We call BS if we sense it, there is no sugar coating. Now if you can back up what you say with facts of some sort, that's a different story but all you have said is that all "tactical" accessories are not useless when they can be like my light situation. Plus unless you are busting down doors on secret squirrel missions in some distant land or a super cop on a SWAT team, most of these "tactical" things will not be as useful as they are meant to be. Believe me, I used to sell them in a retail store. And to Axxe being rude or not, could he of been a little less confronting? Possibly. But you need a thick skin around here