What size magazine should I get 15 or 20? Hurry please.

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Mr. Wick, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Mr. Wick

Mr. Wick Member

I have an H&KVP9. Only one shop in all of Nevada has H&K magazines. My firearm came with two seventeen round magazines. The store, however, only has 15 and 20 round capacity mags. Which should I go with? I'm there right now

2. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

Whichever one you want man, 20 round mag if you want more rounds, less time reloading or 15 if you just want to keep it simple.

But up to you, I'd go with either one.

3. Mr. Wick

Mr. Wick Member

Is there a true benefit between the two.

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Only my opinion! For concealing a pistol of that size I would go to the 15 round mags.
    And who needs the extra 5 rounds anyway. The gun fight should be long over before that!:p
    Just thinking about concealment and balance as well! For simply shooting on the Range who cares which one! Both would be great.:)

Shopfox, PeeJay1313 and PANDEMIC like this.
  5. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

Yeah I was about to say what Sniper said, for conceal carrying, a 15 round mag would be better. For range use, either one is good or both if you decide on that.

Shopfox and towboater like this.
  6. Mr. Wick

Mr. Wick Member

I walked into the place after talking to them on the phone. I asked about their H&K magazine selection and they replied, "We only have the factory 17 round magazines."

That is exactly what I wanted. I didn't want to walk around with four mags of varying size.

PANDEMIC and towboater like this.
  7. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a TF extension on mine, sort of heavy but it works. 1596313401291.jpeg

PANDEMIC likes this.