What should i get

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by niteglock, Apr 14, 2012.

1. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Was the thinking about either selling my sig elite 226 9mm or trading it. Just wanted some opinions on what you guys would ask for it if it was u trading it. I would rather trade it for something than just sell it but don't really know for what. I want a moss 590a1, some type of 1911 .45, an Ar, or mp15.22 just to mess with, an Ak, m&p40, glock19, or 26. What would u guys let that sig go for? Just opinions. Thanks.

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Well, you did'nt mention finish, extras?
    Gun runs in the $1000 neighborhood new (guess you know that)
    As far as what you shud trade for :confused::confused::confused::confused:

3. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Never had a 226 but I've heard great things, just out of curiosity, why trade it off?

4. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Have a beretta M9 and like it better. (shoot better with it). The sigs slide lock is always in the way of my thumb. It is by far one of the best looking semi autos I own but if I can't shoot it well why keep it. Also I hate the sig night sights and don't want to put too much money into something I can't shoot well with. It has the OEM aluminum grips with the white sig sauer inscribe. A pair of hogue grips. And the barrel and guide rod are polished. Two new mags. Only used them once. They came straight from sig. I'm looking in the 700.00 range. It was a CPO.

5. niteglock

niteglock New Member

The sig sauer on the slide is no longer filled in. So it is black not silver. I filled it in but didn't like the way it looked so took it off.

Attached Files:

6. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Any more ideas ppl. Need some input.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm curious why you don't like the night sights? I have a Sig with Night Sights and I really like them.

8. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I'm used to the trijicons. And those r very small sharp sights an the sig sights r just too thick and bulky.

9. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Would u pay 700.00 for a used sig? Not trying to get u to buy it but just seeing what u would say.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

personally i wouldn't trade it or sell it to buy another firearm. that's just me though. many times in the past i have and usually regretted it later on, with the exception of very few that were poorly made or didn't meet my expectations. then i did to find a replacement. if you are limited by funds, then i do understand selling or trading to get something else you like better. but if not, i would just keep it for now and sell or trade later on if you so desire.

11. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Not sure if I'm going to trade it as the same reason u said. But I really do wAnt something else. I have an itch and it doesn't stop after I scratch it. It's a horrible, horrible itch.

12. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

welcome to the wonderful world of firearms! i have been scratching the itch for over forty years and it just seems to get worse every year. i see and look at so many i would like to have. different types, different calibers, pistols, revolvers, rifles and shotguns. i am a gun enthusiast and know that the itch can never truly be scratched. my father started me out on firearms when i was very young, and it has become very addictive over the years. i like firearms, old or new, big or small. when my wife asks if i have enough guns, my reply is, i am always two guns less than enough!

13. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Exactly. Every time she says "don't u have enough guns?" I reply. Not until u have enough purses. It is an addiction outta control. Just got into them about 2yrs ago. Got my buddy into them and about 5 days after he received his FOID he bought a cz. Then about 1 month later he bought the damn TRP. I envy him for having a better paying job. Lol.

14. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I want a rifle also. A long distance shooter. Even though I really cant use it out here in the burbs of IL. But I feel that everyone should own a pistol, shotgun, and a rifle. At least one of each. Had a mossberg but sold it to a buddy of mine because I had a little girl and no large enough safe to keep it in. Couldn't have that on my conscious. And was pointless keeping one unloaded in the closet.

15. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Ok here is a list of things I have, had or love, several suggestions in no particular order.

1. M1 Garand
    2. Mossberg 500
    3.Glock 19
    4. 1911 .45, I didn't put a brand because there are a ton of good ones.
    5. Palmetto State Armory AR-15
    6. Marlin 30-30
    7. Ruger Vaquero/Blackhawk
    8. Saiga 12

Don't know if this helps, but those are good choices in my opinion.

16. Donn

Donn Active Member

$700 is about the going price for a standard issue used Sig around here. There's a used Sig 226 Equinox at the shop I frequent for $899. You're in the ballpark, $700 might be a little low.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  17. Demonlx

Demonlx New Member

If you want a rifle a model 700 starts at around 350$ and it is great long distance shooter.