What should I do?

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by beastmode986, Oct 14, 2012.

1. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

Ok so I'm supposed to go visit my mom in Arizona, she wants me to fly out there on a plane. I have been on an airplane before but when I was really little. I can hardly remember but something in my gut is telling me I shouldn't go, kind of like a nervous feeling but also kind of like a dont do it Feeling as well I'm not sure if I'm just nervous or what but it also makes me nervous I can't bring my bob to my moms. I'm flying from Illinois to az and leaving all my preps there, what if shtf when I'm in az? I'm not allowed to bring my bob on the airplane. I can't even bring my Edc. That really takes away my sense of security. So what do you guys think of this situation? Any advice ? keep in mind I'm a teen.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Just go see your mom. Put some knives in your check on luggage. Make sure it's cool.

3. downsouth

downsouth New Member

No reason you can't check your bob bag. Just go to the tsa website and see what in there you can't take. If not take a valium and chill bro.

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Go see your mother, flying is still statistically safer than driving.

5. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Yeah, what's more important, seeing your mother or being prepared every second of every day for something that may never happen in your lifetime?

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Just go and spend some time with your Mother. Nothing is going to happen while you're in AZ. If I remember right, you are a minor. How can you have an EDC?

7. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Are you serious?

Don't be a prisoner of this "shtf" b.s.; you say you are a teen, do you want to spend the rest of your life finding security in a damn weapon?

Go see your Mom. Let her give you a hug. Hug her back. And don't live your life fearing the end if the world- that is no way to live

8. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

What is an EDC, anyway? And, isn't AZ one of those places that celebrates gun ownership? It's not like another gun wouldn't be readily available in an emergency........

9. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Go see Mom, Mine died 7 months ago, I would do anything to see her once again! if you feel that uncomfortable, drive out there but dont stop living because of fear, lifes way too short for that.

10. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I took it his," edc" meant knife. I'm with the others. Go have a good time, don't worry about shtf.

If it did happen I would much rather be in AZ with nada than IL in a bunker.

11. TLuker

TLuker New Member

If flying worries you then take a train or a bus. If the possibility of SHTF worries you then you need to think long and hard about exactly what you are trying to prepare for. There is nothing wrong with being prepared for unexpected events but you can't let the remote possibility of extremely unlikely event control your life. :)

12. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

You can even check your handgun, if that's what u mean, and wear it in AZ as of a couple of years ago.

Buy some water when you get to AZ -- I think I stowed a multi-gallon refrigerator jug bought at the super-market in my rental jeep last time I was there.

Yes, know that Phoenix is the kidnap-capital of the country. But you are more likely to have the cops in AZ leap upon you from their big, comfy, tinted-window, air-conditioned, cruisers and SUV's to write you the tickets that pay for them so just don't speed.

13. Highhawk8

Highhawk8 New Member

Go visit your Mother!! When I travel I always have a knife in my check in bag! No big deal!! Go!!

14. peybella

peybella New Member

Go see mom. Keep your eyes and ears open. Watch your back and don't worry about the SHTF crap. If something happens you'll go into survival mode if your prepared. You would want to be with mom to make sure she's ok either way. Enjoy your visit and your time with mom. If your that worried about it and saying that your a teen, get mom to purchase a firearm for her house to keep there for visits and her protection as well. I always check my favorite and take it with me. However, since I can't check ammo it's just a brick until I get to a store or my father's house where I keep a box. I purchased him a nice piece to keep at his house for his protection as well so there's always something around. All this being said. None of it is worth not spending time with Mom. Those days are precious.

15. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Beast- you know you can PM me (or any of the mods) if you want to talk.

Go see your Mom. As far as flying, I fly about 130-150 times a year. Beats the heck out of driving, and is actually per mile traveled the safest way to go.

You are correct, you cannot carry a weapon (or weapon like things) on board the aircraft. You CAN have a knife in your CHECKED baggage. However, you will be in a different place that has different rules. If it is anything more than a regular pocket knife. leave it at home.

Was in Phoenix earlier this year. Neat place. Now go hug your Mom.

16. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

Flying as others have said, statistically is much safer than driving. I however will not go anywhere were I am unable to protect myself. I understand.

Now, that said. The S isn't likely to HTF while you take a week to go visit your mom. And if it does your BOB isn't likely to help you anyway. We all spend too much time packing bags, or prepping food, or setting snares (if you will) instead of spending time learning the skills that our ancestors used to forge a life.

If my dad were on the edge and flying was the only way I could go see him, I would fly.

But if you are unwilling to fly. from where I live in Iowa in my Oh10 6.7 it would cost me a little over .8 times what it would cost to fly with little notice.

Go visit your mom.

17. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

No one is protected every single minute of the day!!! Don't live your life worrying about what "could" happen. Go see your mom. So, are you going to tell your mom you can't see her because you are afraid of what "could" happen even in your home state.

18. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

We are not all bad guys down here. Come on down the weather is cooling off now. Its the best time of the year. There are many of us on the forum from AZ. Once a long long time ago, I was also a teen.