What Salon Says About Open Carry

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by 1911love, Dec 18, 2013.

1. 1911love

1911love New Member

2. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I couldnt read the whole thing it was giving me a headache. It amazes me sometimes how they put big words in there and people think theyre actual facts.

You can stick lipstick on a pig but that aint gonna make it a supermodel.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Summary- I am a ditz. Therefore you may not make me feel uncomfortable.

Suggested other topics pretty well indicate the tone of this rag-

More from SalonWe Recommend

•Students find Sarah Palin’s contract in trash

•14-year-old girl films father’s sexual abuse with webcam

•I am so beautiful I have been maimed by men’s attentions

•Seth MacFarlane to Rush Limbaugh: Now I understand why conservatives hate th…

•GOP: We’ve been lying all along

•Krugman: Republicans’ “worst fears” are coming true

•How to Boil Hard-Boiled Eggs Without the Shell Sticking to the Egg | eHow (eHow)

•Life After Lasik Surgery: 15 Years After the Procedure (See For Yourself)

•4 Things You Should Never Keep In Your Phone (Asurion)

•Chuck Norris does world a favor, puts home for sale (Bankrate)

•6 Things You Didn't Know Your Tablet Could Do (Dell)

•The $2B Aircraft Carrier the Navy Paid to Disappear (Bloomberg)

4. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I like UC couldnt get through the whole thing, I was verping on the second sentence. Leave it to a Rag called "Salon" to try to enforce a proper dress code "FOOG" (thats why I go to a barber shop). Heres the just of the article, they dont want anyone empowered except their paid PC police! Were scaring them dammit, this must end! Even the proper wearing of blue jeans, a ball cap and a pocket T could be intimidating if we dont add a splash of color or flair to soften the look.

Open carry is scary? Actually, I feel better knowing someone is ready even if Im not...

5. magnumman

magnumman New Member

Well. I probably shouldn't read this article while my truck warms up as I sit here in my blue jeans, cowboy boots, ball cap without stickers, and gray pocket t shirt which holds my camel cigarettes. O yeah, I almost forgot about my smith and wesson. I bet the bubbleheads at salon hate me :)

6. WebleyFosbery38

Ha, Dude, the Marlboro Man was banned a long time ago! FYI, My wife tried to save us a few bucks a month ago by changing out a pair of my broken in 301 Levi's with some Wrangler lightweights. Not for nothing, the 301's have been working for about 35 years, why stop now? Ive worn them twice (Ran out of working grade Levis :eek:, (I think she did that purposely):mad:.

Short story, in 75, Rural NY, My best friend had gotten pounded on by our Social Studies Teacher (World class *******). He got to the payphone and called his mom. She went out in the woods and grabbed his Dad who was hunting and they both came storming into the school, Reid was in his camo overalls and had his loaded 45 revolver in his holster on his side.

We saw them coming down the hall, turn into the Principles office and then we heard a door slam. About 1 minute later, Social Studies teacher gets called to the office on the loudspeaker system. Then the yelling starts and as Nona described it later, she smacked the teacher a couple times (She was a tough Woman) and told him the next time he touched their son would be his last! They turned around and walked out the office door, grabbed George and took him home!

No police were ever called, Reid never put his hand near his gun and they never insinuated anything but Nona then Reid would take turns beating the POS if he ever touched George again. Funny thing was, he never laid a finger on one of us from that day forward!

Today, that same scenario would have made headlines across the globe, Reid would be in a coffin and the POTUS would be referencing him as the scourge he's trying to eliminate...

7. 1911love

1911love New Member

Stick with the Wranglers, Levi is big time anti-gun.

8. 1911love

1911love New Member

I hear you. I felt like my IQ dropped 10 points after reading it.

9. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I think guys wearing skinny jeans is disturbing. Where do I complain about that?

10. WebleyFosbery38

I hear ya on that, only thing is, my body has been in the 301's so long its molded to fit only them! I will try others but I am a critter of habit when it comes to jeans...

11. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I did manage to get through it all, and was not particularly impressed. Salon shot down Open Carry Texas claim of a percentage of gun owners who don't shoot anyone as undocumantable. This from the anti gun group that regularly spews statistics with no back up, and in incredulous when we question them. Also they cited numerous studies, papers and tests without notating any of them for review.

SOS, same old s%&#.

12. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Yup, sounds like it.

13. awahlster

awahlster New Member

who the rip is salon and why would I care what they think say or do?

14. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Screw that Azz hat! If he was so "Open" about his feelings regarding our rights he'd have an email link so that people like us could tell him what we really think. And he gets PAID to write that trash!

15. 1911love

1911love New Member

Salon is an extremely liberal news organization. They are enemies of gun owners. You should always be aware of what your enemy is saying and doing. I frequent the web sites of Brady, VPC, Democratic Underground, etc. for this reason.

Make no mistake, we as 2A proponents are in an all out war to keep our firearm freedoms and our associated civil liberties. In any war, it is always better to know your enemy as much as possible.

16. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

You guys should read the comments below the article!!!!! There are a lot of gun haters commenting on that article! It's just ridiculous on what they are saying. One guy is saying that since we carry firearms that we are "cowards". REALLY???

17. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I already know what gun haters think. (They run the media)

That's why I am glad this site exists!

Sent from my XT1056 using Firearms Talk mobile app

18. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i guess they would also classify a woman who carried a pistol a coward too?

and what about an elderly person that carried one?

19. 4sig

4sig New Member

carrying a weapon is an awesome responsibility for a law abiding citizen. For anyone to consider that person a coward they need to step in those shoes before the open their mouths. Until that times they are just spouting hot air and BS

20. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

If an activity we can engage in makes a liberal gun hater bed wetter scream and whine and cry himself to sleep at night.......it should be our honor and solemn duty to engage in that activity with all of the collective effort we can muster.
    I OC most of the time anyway. Now I just have one more reason to do it.