What`s you,re favorit semi auto handgun ?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by FoKzT, Nov 18, 2013.

1. FoKzT

FoKzT New Member

My is the Glock 17 , and now let my know what`s you,res

2. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

The one I threw down to grab a rifle.

3. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Right now, my m&p9. Tomorrow maybe my 1911. Weds maybe my glock, hk, ruger. I guess I don't have a favorite, I love them all

4. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

Either my Colt Woodsman or my S&W 41. I love them both equally. :)

5. JW357

JW357 New Member

Right now my S&W M&P9c.

When I get into 1911s that could change pretty quickly...

6. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

All of the ones I own

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Probably my 1911.

8. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

Any one of my 1911's. Depends: EDC, target, plinking, BBQ.

9. LeMat

LeMat New Member

10. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Colt 1911A1 Govt. Model.
    Followed by my Ruger 22's

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  11. JonM

JonM Moderator

I'm not sure I have a hard favorite. I like ccw pistols a lot and have many different types. Lately I've been carrying either my beretta m9 inox compact or fullsize m9. I've had a love hate thing with the m9 for decades and lately have come to really like it. I also carry xdm in 45acp and like carrying my colt lightweight commander which is currently sidelined as I lost the safety plunger spring last nite and need to order a new one.

The two guns I absolutely hate are anything from glock and the sw m&p. Although I would take a m&p over a glock if forced to pick. Hells I would take a raven or lorcin 25 over any glock....

12. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

My 1911 is my go to fun gun. Shoots great and just feels right. With that said my Model 28-2 with 4" barrel is almost as enjoyable.

13. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I don't have a hard and fast favorite either, but I don't have the glock hate.

I've dealt with the Beretta before the Navy and during the last 20 years in the Navy. So it's kind of a comfortable gun just due to familiarity. I've built and repaired a couple of 1911s, so knowing them from the inside out, makes me like them too. I like the 1911 for Service Pistol Matches, because of the trigger more than anything else.

I bought my first Glock (a police trade-in, model 17) to help a couple friends get a better price on theirs. (If they bought three they were $275). I decided it would be a ok beater and platform for me to try some home smithing on with no huge investment, and if i got tired of it or if it just turned out to be a hunk of junk I could sell it for what I had in it. Turns out it was more acurate, reliable and easy to work on than I had given them credit for. I also stopped by the Glock factory in Smyrna, GA when I had TAD orders in the area, and had them go through the gun for a safety check. They updated every part in the gun, swapped out my old mags, and allowed me to choose extended slide and mag releases at no cost to me. It has become my action shooting pistol, due to it's simplicity.

I have a late 1960's Ruger Single Six, that my wife's grandfather bought new, and fired exactly one cylinder full of .22 LR ammo. He sold me the gun, a holster, teh original brick of .22 LR ammo that he bought with 6 rounds missing, and an unopened box of .22 Mag rounds and the unfired Mag cylinder, just so we would keep the gun in the family.

So, I have different favorites for different reasons.

14. ebowman446

ebowman446 New Member

My TWO faves- rugers sr1911 and walthers ppk/s (380).

15. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

My Sig Sauer 1911 Platinum Elite and my Five-seveN.

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

I have concrete real reasons I despise glocks and its all based on the gun itself. Trigger is just bad its not predictable in break at all due to the extreme mushiness. I can tell when a da trigger is going to break and that makes most of those doable in accuracy. Grip angle is wrong its not a natural pointing gun. Not a fan of their barrels as its not safe to use unjacketed bullets. Sights are simply aweful and due to it not being a natural pointing gun its difficult to shoot well. The grip is a square block much bigger than it needs to be due to poor magazine design. This also compounds the difficulty in it being used for much beyound hearing it go bang.

Yes I have tried them on numerous occasions. I know my tastes in things change overtime but glock has been one of those that has not changed since I rented one the first time in the 80's. I still rent one from time time to keep familiarity with it because its prolific.

There are other small issues but those are the biggees. Unlike some I have concrete reasons, besides gaston glock being a douche, that I don't like the design. I know other folks like them and use them that's fine with me, more for you :)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  17. trip286

trip286 New Member

All the same reasons I can't stand them. At least I do intend to get a 17 some day for range fun. 9mm with 33 round mags or even drum mags...

Hi point is honestly higher on my list of wanted acquisitions though. It would likely be a tackle box gun, one I wouldn't cry over too much if I drop it in a lake.

My favorite is the full size 1911. But I'm going to check out a hi power someday, or maybe the CZ75, and I kinda suspect I may find a new favorite when I do.

18. Donn

Donn Active Member

For sentimental reasons, my Colt 1911 Series 70 MkIV. For EDC, an M&P Shield or Compact 9.

19. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

My M&P 40 is my go to gun. I'd pick it up before all my others, including my 1911 and Glock.