what`s the worst rifle you know?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by FoKzT, Nov 20, 2013.

1. FoKzT

FoKzT New Member

What`s the worst ?

2. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Man...what a can of worms. I toss my vote in with the Remington 770.

3. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

Anything based of off the mauser action ;p

4. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

Remington 770/710. I also have a deep hatred for the Remington 7600 pump. I had one for my first deer rifle in .270 and it was the hardest kicking rifle I have ever shot. The trigger was crappy and it would jam if you short shucked it the least little bit. I know people love them but I will never own another one or a .270 for that matter ( I realize that the .270 is a great round) but I hated that rifle so much I want nothing to do with either. I have a 7mm Rem Mag Savage and have and a 300 Wm A-Bolt and both were mild compared to that .270. Makes no sense but its true.

5. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Yepp +1 for the 770, the bolt is like throwing sand in the receiver
    And who puts polymer inserts in a rifle receiver??

6. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

Thats a toughie but i'd have to say my least favorite hunting rifle was a mossberg 100atr in 30.06

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

after having owned one and shot others, the Remington M770 and M710 have to be the worst ever offered.

i like Remington and have owned many of them over the years, but they screwed the pooch with these two rifles!

8. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Armalite's AR-7. I have owned several. Genius idea. Brilliant design. Can't empty a magazine without jamming. I hoped the first one was a lemon when I bought the second. Then I thought maybe two lemons? Three or four deep, I cut bait. Henry makes them now but I am afraid to dole out the cash on another risky investment. Fool me four times, shame on you. Fool me five times, shame on me. That's the old saying, right?

9. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Guess you are screwed! Everything modern bolt has its' roots with Mauser.

A the Pa machine gun. Guys up here swear by them.

Was'nt that the .22lr survival gun?? My buddy has one that runs great, butt ugly, but functional.

My answer, Anything that does not shoot strait. If it wears a fantastic plastic flexible stock, I won't own it.

10. MisterMcCool

That's the one. The genius of Eugene Stoner. A lightweight, takedown .22. All components store in the airtight, watertight stock. It even floats. I gave up on them and moved on to a Springfield M6 Scout. If the feeding issues have been corrected, I would love an AR-7.

Attached Files:

11. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

Just trolling. Never owned a bad rifle....

12. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I'd have to say any Mosin Nagant. I just can't see what all you guy's see is these boat anchors,but to each their own!

13. MisterMcCool

Exactly. :)

14. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

I have had zero issues with my Henry survival. All three mags feed flawlessly, no ejection issues. It isn't the most accurate rifle ever, but for its intended purpose does just fine.

15. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I thought I was the only one who doesnt care for the Mosin..... :)

16. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I like 'em. Bought my 1st and actually had to build it years ago to fill a hole in my 1942 collection. Could not find a 1942 M1 garand. Did find one of those years later, bought it just to say I had them all. It was after I sold the K98k and Model 99.

17. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have both a Remington 770 and a Mosin Nagant. The Remington feels like a toy. But it shoots a hell of a lot better than the Mosin.

18. sandog

sandog Member

I had one, believe it was made by Charter Arms, it would empty the 4 mags I had without a jam, but after 30-35 shots would start jamming until I cleaned the powder fouling out of the action. After cleaning it would feed fine again for another 30-35 shots.

19. MisterMcCool

My wife will regret you guys touting the new AR-7s. Fifth time's a charm. There's one born every minute.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  20. McCakie

McCakie New Member

One more vote for the 770 my brother had one for a couple months and it was junk.... Cheap in every aspect