What rilfe to get?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by longunner, Feb 24, 2013.

1. longunner

longunner New Member

Got some money to play around with and I want a new rifle. I don't have any specific uses/needs for it I just want something cool to add to my collection.

2. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Depends how much extra $$ you have..
    your collection in your sig already covers the gamut.
    Maybe a off= caliber AR like 7.62x51 or 50 beowulf?

3. kaido

kaido New Member

Think your going to have to give an amount your planning on spending here to help you out

4. Sentry18

Sentry18 New Member

I think you should get a Denel NTW-20 firing the 20x110mm Hispano. It has a 3 round magazine so I think it is still legal in New York. :)

[​IMG]

5. longunner

longunner New Member

Sorry guys...I got 1k to play with and I want something different than I already have...I would put it into my M16A1 clone but parts are nowhere to be found so ill do that another day..I don't want another AR-style rifle...I was going to spend it on a CMP Garand but I don't have the safety course and as of yet I don't have one :embarrassed:

6. austin92

austin92 New Member

I seen a semi auto rpk 7.62x39 in a gun shop for 1098$ the other day. If I had 1k to play with I'd strongly consider it :)

7. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Enfield Rifle No.4 MKII.

8. austin92

austin92 New Member

I need me one if them too :)

9. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I would get a few mil surplus rifles. A Mauser, an m44 or the Chinese version, carcano, enfield, arisaka etc. with $1000 you should be able to pick up a few.

10. cottontop

cottontop Guest

How about a Ruger #1 single shot in a caliber of which you don't already have. Even used ones (like on gunbroker) are usually in pristine condition with no scratches, etc. as Ruger #1 owners take really good care of them.
    ct

11. longunner

longunner New Member

I was thinking getting a few together for my WWII collection to really get it put together. A Mauser and an Enfield would be a good addition to my Mosin.

12. Alpinet6

Alpinet6 New Member

Springfield 1903. That would be a nice WWII piece. Can never go wrong with an American made historic rifle!

13. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

Get a ruger no1 those are really cool.

14. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Great choice!!

Can't go wrong. True K98's are getting serious cash these days.

American made yes, but still a copy. Great rifle, but I always felt it was lacking. An M1917 would be better.

15. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Savage 110 BA in 338 Lapua. And if you really have money to play with I would go with a Barrette.

16. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

Instead of a rifle get a $1000 scope for your best rifle. That might make it feel like a different rifle

17. jpattersonnh

The OP has $1000.00 . If he wants, I'd hook him up w/ an original 1873 trapdoor and leave him w/ money for ammo. I also know of an original Quigly .45-110 that would still leave him w/ $$. This one does not have a Vernier sight.
    The sight is $350.00+ on the market now. This is classic Sh!t. Realistic, not wanna be.
    If you have $1000.00, and buy a rifle that is $1000.00, how long will it be till you could actually hit a target w/ it?? You need optics. Another $800.00 minimum, bases??, Rings??? This ain't never never land!

18. jpattersonnh

Not a bad idea. We are back to earth.

19. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

My last rifle was a Marlin 1895 XLR Stainless with laminate stock and forearm. Didn't have any levers or anything in .45 cal. in a rifle. I love it, and it'll stop anything on this continent!

Make certain it is stamped "JM" on the barrel near the receiver. Those are pre-Marlington guns.

Attached Files:

20. JonM

JonM Moderator

if you dont already reload i wuld suggest a good handloading setup. it opens so many doors for making normally pricey ammo affordable.

if you already load i would second a marlin 1895 in 45-70 im fond of the guide series due to the extra magazine capacity