Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys...I got 1k to play with and I want something different than I already have...I would put it into my M16A1 clone but parts are nowhere to be found so ill do that another day..I don't want another AR-style rifle...I was going to spend it on a CMP Garand but I don't have the safety course and as of yet I don't have one :embarrassed:

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Enfield Rifle No.4 MKII.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I would get a few mil surplus rifles. A Mauser, an m44 or the Chinese version, carcano, enfield, arisaka etc. with $1000 you should be able to pick up a few.

G

·
How about a Ruger #1 single shot in a caliber of which you don't already have. Even used ones (like on gunbroker) are usually in pristine condition with no scratches, etc. as Ruger #1 owners take really good care of them.
ct

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kytowboater said:
I would get a few mil surplus rifles. A Mauser, an m44 or the Chinese version, carcano, enfield, arisaka etc. with $1000 you should be able to pick up a few.
I was thinking getting a few together for my WWII collection to really get it put together. A Mauser and an Enfield would be a good addition to my Mosin.

·
Registered
55 Posts
TNARG said:
I was thinking getting a few together for my WWII collection to really get it put together. A Mauser and an Enfield would be a good addition to my Mosin.
Springfield 1903. That would be a nice WWII piece. Can never go wrong with an American made historic rifle!

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
How about a Ruger #1 single shot in a caliber of which you don't already have. Even used ones (like on gunbroker) are usually in pristine condition with no scratches, etc. as Ruger #1 owners take really good care of them.
ct
Great choice!!

Can't go wrong. True K98's are getting serious cash these days.

Springfield 1903. That would be a nice WWII piece. Can never go wrong with an American made historic rifle!
American made yes, but still a copy. Great rifle, but I always felt it was lacking. An M1917 would be better.

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Savage 110 BA in 338 Lapua. And if you really have money to play with I would go with a Barrette.

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Savage 110 BA in 338 Lapua. And if you really have money to play with I would go with a Barrette.

The OP has $1000.00 . If he wants, I'd hook him up w/ an original 1873 trapdoor and leave him w/ money for ammo. I also know of an original Quigly .45-110 that would still leave him w/ $$. This one does not have a Vernier sight.
The sight is $350.00+ on the market now. This is classic Sh!t. Realistic, not wanna be.
If you have $1000.00, and buy a rifle that is $1000.00, how long will it be till you could actually hit a target w/ it?? You need optics. Another $800.00 minimum, bases??, Rings??? This ain't never never land!

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
My last rifle was a Marlin 1895 XLR Stainless with laminate stock and forearm. Didn't have any levers or anything in .45 cal. in a rifle. I love it, and it'll stop anything on this continent!

Make certain it is stamped "JM" on the barrel near the receiver. Those are pre-Marlington guns.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
if you dont already reload i wuld suggest a good handloading setup. it opens so many doors for making normally pricey ammo affordable.

if you already load i would second a marlin 1895 in 45-70 im fond of the guide series due to the extra magazine capacity

1 - 20 of 37 Posts