Firearms Talk banner

301 - 314 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I was planning on purchasing a Lever Action Rifle but NOW, with the lack of ammo and the price of ammo, I think I will just buy ammo in 2021 and no more guns. The guns that I have are worthless without Ammo! Look at what happened to California!!!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I was planning on purchasing a Lever Action Rifle but NOW, with the lack of ammo and the price of ammo, I think I will just buy ammo in 2021 and no more guns. The guns that I have are worthless without Ammo! Look at what happened to California!!!
Pretty sure all guns are worthless WITHOUT ammo, in that case they would make a very nice hefty paperweight. :D

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I'm thinning down excess reloading gear and low end scopes. Got some older Knight ML rifles. The precedes will go into a new rifle. I'm hunting a heavy barrel varmint rifle in 22-250. Got tons of brass and dies. Suitable powders are on hand from use in other rifles. I'd be looking for a Remington 700. I'd call it the "Ambulance Chasers Commemorative" for those who took Remington down.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
No buy but did some trading. The outcome is two 22-250's. One is a nice 788 Remington and the other is a nearly new H&R single shot. There was a forty round economy box of Winchester 40gr. factory loads in the deal. I'd rather come up with firearms this way than buy. I had neither gun before. Looks like I'm going to have to pass on the M2. My dealer sold his for $37,000.00. I have an H&R gun budget.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Well I swung by the LGS and saw a Sako Forester.
Pre Garcia.
.243win.
Got some Leupold rings for it and slapped a Freedom VX 3-9X on it.
Haven't shot it yet.

Been messing w my Ruger #1.

Took it last weekend of gun. Didn't see anything. Been a lousy season.

Am quarantined so might hit the woods w bow. No people there, no deer either LOL

Reactions: BullMoose429

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
I've been doing a lot of research on the Nemo Arms Omen Match 3.0 300 Win Mag. I oddly would love to see a manufacturer make a 45-70 AR Platform i know it sounds stupid but would be interesting
Somebody does make one buts it not in 45-70, it’s in 45-70 auto- which is basically a rimless wildcat of 45-70

301 - 314 of 314 Posts