Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Probably another AR for LD vermin but a .308 bolt gun is on the back burner...;)

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Haven't done much research on it yet, but I would love to get a lever action carbine in .500 S&W to use as a pig gun. My other one that I been putting off for way too long is a Remington 700 SPS in .223 to use as a long range varmint gun. I don't care to shoot past 500 yards so that cartridge would be the perfect choice and I don't care to get a barrel burner in .220 Swift or .22-250.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Haven't done much research on it yet, but I would love to get a lever action carbine in .500 S&W to use as a pig gun. My other one that I been putting off for way too long is a Remington 700 SPS in .223 to use as a long range varmint gun. I don't care to shoot past 500 yards so that cartridge would be the perfect choice and I don't care to get a barrel burner in .220 Swift or .22-250.
One of those Big Horn Armory lever action .500 magnums would be awesome but boy are they expensive.
I was thinking of getting a .223 bolt action for coyote hunting but I think I'll use a Browning BLR .243 we already have instead. We're having coyote trouble lately.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Well not actually buying but getting made in the future........................458 AccRel because it really goes BOOOMMM! and stops those vicious rabbits and maybe even a buffalo or 2 in our Northern Territory.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I have enough centerfire bolts and ARs. No holes in my collection/needs/purposes so I’ve been concentrating on good rimfires like the Steyr I just posted about. So far in the last two months I’ve bought two (3?) mint classic Mosbergs and a built up Ruger 10/22 sporter that only has a stock receiver. I’ve also bought a nice lever mint .444 Marlin that I haven’t even shot yet. The ONLY thing I’m still halfway toying with picking up is a pistol caliber lever action probably in .45 Colt..... for no good reSon at all...

Then again there is a pre-64 Model 70 sitting at my buddies LGS that I MIGHT shave to have a serious talk with him about...

1 - 20 of 343 Posts