What other rifles are chambered for 7.62x54r?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by supergus, Aug 15, 2008.

1. supergus

supergus New Member

Title says it all. Looking for a companion to my M/N 91/30?

2. Righteous

Righteous New Member

M38 M44 some others but dam if i can remmeber at the moment

3. DFENS

DFENS New Member

This'll probably sound absurd, but if you hit wikipedia it might give a list. I know that I was wandering around there and found an alphabetical listing of danged near every gun made, pretty sure there's listings of ammo as well.

4. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

The Romanian PSL and Russian Dragunov (really the same thing) are both chambered in 7.62x54R also. Plus they are semi-auto sniper rifles. I saw a PSL at a local gun shop for $699 recently.

5. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

AVS36, SVT38, SVT40, ZASTAVA M76, Winchester 1895,
    Remington Rolling Block and probably a lot of others.

Probably the most common of these is the SVT40.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  6. marysdad

marysdad New Member

An SVT-40 would be an awesome companion for your 91/30.

7. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

but the svt is NOT cheap for what it is. But yeah, it looks like a fun rifle to shoot!!!
    I also read that the 1919a4 has an option to shoot 7.62x54. Most of the SA 1919a4 models for sale right now are chambered for .308, but it is VERY easy to change it over to 30.06 or 7.62x54 by changing the barrel/head spacing/a couple misc parts. I've seen a 7.62x54 conversion kit for sale on gunbroker before...

8. Laufer

Laufer New Member

Dragunov? Yes-without a doubt.
    A buddy and I met for some shooting at old steel oxygen cylinders and cantaloupes etc.
    His Dragunov was the first I had ever seen.

The gun's sexy, yet wicked-looking, sleek combat design left a paradoxical impression on me.
    He had never before used the rifle, and it was still in the box.

The beautifully irridescent, reddish-brown wood was the most attractive wood I've ever seen on any gun, and looked even better than photos of wood on the best Russian SKS rifles etc.
    I don't remember seeing any sort of 'thumb hole' etc, but it had a bewitching, mysterious allure.:)

If his gun were a woman, it would be a stealthy, beautiful, long-legged, yet deadly Russian agent with dark-red hair
    (sort of like Debra Messing;) ) and an ice-cold stare in an old James Bond film. Would you pass me the vodka glass?
    Spasibo-dos vedanya.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  9. karlsgunbunker

karlsgunbunker New Member

SVT-38
    SVT-40
    Draganov
    Tiger
    PSL
    FPK
    Mosin's
    91/30
    91/38
    91/59
    M38
    M44
    and the Finns

I believe EAA makes a over under in 54r and ?

You can also convert Enfields to shoot 54r.

10. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I want one. You should be in sales.

11. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

That's a better deal than the one I saw today. I was out looking for paper targets (B27 so I can practice for the Corporate Challenge shooting team tryouts next year) and dropped in to Citidel Gun and Safe near my apartment in Las Vegas. Ended up buying another Mosin-Nagant, this one with a hexagonal receiver - 1933 model and in better shape than my round receiver 1942 version, and they had a PSL for $975! My first thought was "Holy f**kin' cow!!" I'd like to get a PSL but not at that price.....

12. karlsgunbunker

karlsgunbunker New Member

Find a transfer dealer and order directly from AIM Surplus or SOG.

Search FFL

Both places have the PSL's for $699.

13. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

I have a hex 1929 that is very accurate. You made a good choice, and I can guarantee you that it will be more accurate than the PSL...they are slightly more accurate than AK-47's...calling a PSL or Dragunov a "sniper" rifle is a HUGE misnomer.