What now?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Missouribound, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

The Gubmint that can fine you for not having health insurance can fine you for not owning a firearm! The precedent has been established

2. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

JTJ likes this.

3. Missouribound

As usually there are always a lot of good suggestions here that could help.
    Unfortunately the only ones reading them are those that already agree with them.
    No politician or anti-gunner will ever see or even consider these ideas.

Poppy1 likes this.
  4. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

the only one I take issue with on this is #2. Mainly, how do you define a gang? there are an awful lot of riding clubs out there that wear "colors" or "Cutts" on their jackets or vests, and ride, go to public events and places, solo or alone, that are just that. A club, not a gang. The law would have to be written in such a way that it did not unintentionally target such groups, as groups like the Blue Knights, Blue Dragons, (both current and retired LE), and the Red Knights, (Fire fighters\EMS), As well as groups like the Sons of None (Small RC made up of active and retired USN and USMC personnel based in Twenty Nine Palms CA). Here in Erie for instance, we have several Family RCs, including 5AK and Leader of Men.

None of these clubs start trouble, but could become targets of a poorly written law. Even social clubs could fall under such a law depending on how it was written. Just imagine a headline on a local gang being broken up, and it's the local Polish Falcon's Club.

Overall, I do agree with every idea there, so long as the law doesn't affect those not causing trouble.

JRDallas likes this.
  5. Missouribound

I don't think the intent was to point a finger at motorcycle gangs / clubs.
    Take Chicago, for instance. It is estimated that 85% of the murders in the inner city are gang related. None of those thugs are riding bikes. The black SUV's tend to be the vehicle of preference. On a side note.....is there really a "Polish Falcon's Club"?

kfox75 likes this.
  6. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

As I posted above, it depends on how it is written. Write it wrong, and it could affect more than the intended target.

on the Polish Falcons Club, yes, there is one, First Ward Falcons, with about an 80% Polish membership, in one of the cities I lived in back in NY. Dunkirk NY, right on Lake Shore Drive.

Just like the club called in the opening minutes of the original (Toby Hallicki) Gone in 60 Seconds, actually exists in the same city (Corner of Doughty and Townsend.) Been there for wakes a few times, same with the FWF.

7. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

Let's make this clear : Rights over-ride practical considerations . There is no " balancing " of rights with " safety " . If it is dangerous for people to be allowed out of cages, too bad !

Ghost1958 likes this.
  8. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

The Blue Knights, Iron Order, Blue Dragons are MCs not RCs.
    As far as they dont cause trouble , that's a matter of opinion.
    Iron Order has consistently been involved with shootings etc in altercations with other MCs.

Having organized and ran a bike rally for ten years , I can state we had more trouble with the Blue Knights than all but one 1% MC.

I agree how does one define a gang.

IMO , that would be based on its structure as a group and it's illegal activities.

Just as an example the Blue Knights are far from innocent as far as illegal activities go.

9. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

In legal terms, in Missouri, a "Gang" can be as few as three people conspiring to commit a felony if all involved knowingly, willingly, with intent and means to commit a specific felony crime at a specific time and place take at least one step toward commission of the crime. There's more to it, but that's a start towards understanding.

I.E. : Moe, Larry, and Curley decide to rob the Quickshop at 123 Golucky Lane. They agree to let Larry drive the clown mobile after Moe steals it from the Circus and steal Barney's pistol and bullet which Curley will steal from the Sheriff's Office. All three will meet at Goober's station at noon on February 29th to do the deed. They have a plan.

Several felonies involved. Intent is there. Until one of the actually does something in furtherance of the planned armed robbery, they're not a "gang". N