What Night Sights Should I get

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by WhaleNoises, Oct 8, 2011.

1. WhaleNoises

WhaleNoises New Member

So I'm planning on getting a Glock 19 Gen4, and one of the few upgrades I want to do is get night sights on it. The question is what brand and color. I feel close to Trijicon because of playing video games and using ACOG sights (made my Trijicon), but I don't know whats the best for the money. I also want to get them in blue but I haven't found them anywhere. I've heard its because the blue ones are really dim and the tritium doesn't seem to last as long. Does that mean that I cant get them then? Is it better to get the front and rear sights in different colors, I assume its for faster target acquisition.

2. WhaleNoises

WhaleNoises New Member

Wow no response....

3. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Get the trijicons. I got mine at cheaper than dirt for $70 for my g17. Get the traditional green.

4. GunDoc

GunDoc New Member

All my Glocks wear Tru-Glo TFOs and always will. You get the best of a fiber optic sight in daylight and tritium in the dark. last I checked you can get green and yellow. I have a set of the yellows and don't find them to be as bright as the greens. Tritium has a useable lifespan of about 10 years in gunsights and watches.

5. AOK

AOK New Member

I have tried several different brands of night sights on my Glocks. Currently my favorite set has been the Trijicon HD Night Sights. I love how easy they are for quick front sight acquisition, how the rear sights are "darked out" and how easy it is for one handed manipulations. I paid $129 for them so they aren't cheap but they are worth every penny.

6. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

+1! I have TFOs on my carry gun; they are great.

7. RMP1394-RLTW

RMP1394-RLTW New Member

I had the TFOs on my G21and loved them. I recently got my first 1911 and put XS Big Dots on and love them even more. They take a short time to get used to but once you do the target acquisition is extremely fast. Worth a look in my opinion.

RLTW!

8. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Ive got trijicons on my G31 and my 1911 but meprolight and tru-glo are also really good..they all perform the same,you wont go wrong with any of the three

9. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

If you get fiber optic sights, use a ballcap-visor light so you have enough light to make 'em work.

10 years average on Tritium sights...any maker. Your mileage may vary.

Tritium sights combined with a Laser are the best way to go, IMHO.
    Me Likey Point & Shoot when it comes to home defense.

10. im413

im413 New Member

Glock has them for$ 57.00 installed. Just send the slide to them.

11. cmc0108

cmc0108 New Member

I love my Trijicons

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. Sgt01

Sgt01 New Member

TruGlo TFO's. They're issued on our duty weapons and we love 'em. Super bright during daylight hours. Great for some of our officers that are optically challenged!

13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I got myself the Meprolight on my G19G4 last week. Paid $100 included installation. Wanted and knew how to install it but the tools cost about $120. Anyway Meprolight is good and im extremely happy with my purchase.

14. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

+1 on the tfo's! I recently got the green front and yellow rear contrast sight.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

Attached Files:

15. nnola1

nnola1 New Member

I also love my trijicons