What new gun controls are proposed at this date 12-23-2012

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by RiverRat68, Dec 24, 2012.

1. RiverRat68

RiverRat68 RiverRat68 Supporter

I would like to know, exactly what gun controls are proposed as of this date, 12-23-2012? I would like to see links to back up this information. I see a lot of stuff posted on this web site but no references. Even more so on other sites. I'm not trying to flame anyone, but I think some of us are pushing the panic button before the fire has started. I agree it is best to be prepared.[/SIZE

2. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

None to date. And where have you seen here that there has been? Nothing will be introduced for discussion until Congress reconvenes next year.

3. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Proposed by whom? Sen. Dianne Feinstein has already announced her intentions of introducing a renewal of the 1994 Clinton Ban, the Governor of New York is talking about an outright ban on all "assault weapons" to possibly include confiscation, Holder is talking about possible Executive Orders regarding semi-automatic firearms, etc. You want links Google any of the things I just listed...

4. RiverRat68

RiverRat68 RiverRat68 Supporter

Vikingdad; where can I go to view these proposals as written by the person that is proposing these changes.

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

6. Kemosabe

Kemosabe New Member

I honestly believe we are putting the cart beofre the horse. Even if something is started at the first of the year, it will be several months before it comes to us. I also believe any gun law will come to the people to vote on. It has happened too many times in the past that anything regarding federal law goes to the citizens for a vote. So, how long do you think it will take before anything is set in stone? I guarantee you I won't be holding my breath.

7. TankTop

TankTop Active Member Supporter

I'm a little lost, other than senators, congressman and the president what other federal things have you voted on?

8. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I'd love some relevant examples of this.

9. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Anything regarding federal law goes to the citizens for a vote? What country do you live in?

10. TankTop

TankTop Active Member Supporter

I thought we had a representative republic

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Go to their websites below, courtesy of Dog2000tj. Keep in mind that they will not disclose everything in their proposals, certainly not the things we would protest about the most loudly. Be patient. In the meantime keep aware of the conversation. It will help you to better be able to debate the subject as it is evolving.

Did Dog answer well enough for you Rat? (Thanks for providing the links Dog!)

As I originally said, nothing has been introduced yet. Feinstein said she will introduce it next session so you have to look at her website. If and when she introduces it you can follow it from there here- http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/g_three_sections_with_teasers/legislative_home.htm

Obama cannot introduce anything. It would be up to him to sign any bill placed on his desk, but he has absolutely no active role in hashing out the details, other than being able to apply the pressure of his office (which is a considerable amount.).

Everything will stay in Washington, in the hands of our elected representatives. You only get a chance to vote on state issues and even then its isn't everything that you can vote on. Oh, that and we vote for some of our representatives next cycle, but by then it would be too late for anything that is introduced next year.

12. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Teh only input you get is to contact your local representatives and tell them what you think is acceptable and what you think is not acceptable. They still are teh ones who get to vote on it on their respective floor of congress.

13. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I failed to mention that. Mainly due to the fact that my reps in the Senate are Feinstein and Boxer.

They no longer return my calls/emails.