What manufacturer uses this headstamp

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by frank_1947, Sep 4, 2008.

1. frank_1947

frank_1947 New Member

It is a ~I~ something like that, we think it is made by federal ? anyone know, they are very common, I get these allot.

2. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

3. frank_1947

frank_1947 New Member

Thanks Jepp, dum old me all I had to do was call the guy at the range who sells them they are Independence made possibly by Federal they sell a box of 50 45acp that is all shot at my indoor range.

Thanks again

4. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

Okay. Glad you found it. I have seen Independence for sale but never shot it. It is made by Federal though.

5. frank_1947

frank_1947 New Member

Yes that is what my buddy said I got over 500 of them I will list when I get to 1000 from what he said made in USA they look good they are sized well they run about the same length as a Winchester, allot of guys like to run one headstamp and I can understand that even though I never have.

6. frank_1947

frank_1947 New Member

Jeep one more thing are USPSA member, well we get a magezine called Front Sight and in there was a article by Brazo who is a big competition pistol smith he makes some fine guns, he talks about a customer who had exstracting issues and he showed a chart od the dimesions of different brass I think this guy was shooting 38 super or super comp and by changing to different brass that solved the problem, I found it hard to believe, I feel like Will Shuemann told me if a gun is built correct in a 1911 it should shoot anything that is setup properly with no problems, in case you are not familiar with Wil he is the GURU of 1911s, (Shuemann barrels)

7. JPBeck

JPBeck New Member

It's funny that you mentioned this question because I was just about to shoot you a
    pm asking you the very same thing-- ~I~ = Federal-------- interesting. Why didn't they just stamp it Federal? lol

8. frank_1947

frank_1947 New Member

They (Federal) Manufacture for companies that sell loaded ammo but are not brasss manufacuters in this case Independent has a line of loaded ammo with their name so it wouldnt look good nor would Fedral let them use the federal headstamp to MFG ammo so they get a headstamp with their name Federal makes brass for allot of different ammo people and allso sells loaded ammo, I am sure Starline and others do the same