What knife should i get

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by GUNBOSS1031, Nov 28, 2011.

1. GUNBOSS1031

GUNBOSS1031 New Member

I Have about 12 pocket knifes 1 bowie and 1 survival. I would like to get either a kabar black usmc knife but its only a combat knife not a survuval knife these codt about $60 bucks. My next choice would be an all black sog seal pup for 125. My final choice would be a m9 knife but my survival knife kinda looks like one it just dosent have the barrel loop on it though also i dont have an ar15

So once again my choices are:
    Kabar all black usmc combat knife $55
    Sog seal pup black $125
    m9 knife black $60

2. unclebear

unclebear New Member

the airforce came out with a pretty nice little survival knife for there pilots...

3. countryboy

countryboy New Member

Imho, go with the kabar. I love mine. If you want all the survival goodies, look for an after market sheath (the leather one included doesn't hold up well anyway) and pack it out with the gear of your choice.

EXPENDABLE

4. GUNBOSS1031

GUNBOSS1031 New Member

Is the kabar sharp like a sog? and also if i sharpen it will the black paint come off? Is their like a version with a little saw on it

5. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Ya the big brother is serrated on back. The AF knife is made by ontario. Yes the paint will come off, and i have had several ka-bars and a sog seal pup i carried in iraq. I have another sog now and my ka bar i carry is alot sharper but doeant hold thedge as well. But the ka bar is a hole hell of alot eadier to put an edge back on.

6. GUNBOSS1031

GUNBOSS1031 New Member

So what would you recomomend

7. GUNBOSS1031

GUNBOSS1031 New Member

Im probley going to go with the kabar. It seems as it would be a better fit for me.
    Thanks for serving our country were you in usmc, army, or navy

8. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

A ka bar my questions for you are 1)how big a blade do you want and 2) do you know what a true "survival" knife is?

9. GUNBOSS1031

GUNBOSS1031 New Member

Im going to get the short version of the all black kabar and yes i do and i know that the kabar is a fighting knife not a survival knife

10. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Do you mean a ka bar like this one? And a ka bar is yes a fighting knife but it was also ment to be a survival knife. If you want a saw then buy a pull cord saw from budk for like $10 and you will be alot better off.

ForumRunner_20111130_012508.jpg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  11. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

12. aztman

aztman New Member

check out mlknives.com