What kind of underfolder is this?

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by shenny, Feb 21, 2011.

1. shenny

shenny New Member

So I bought this a while back at a gun show and think maybe I got ripped off. It looks like a yugo underfolder, but there are not markings or stamps on it at all! I guess it's kind of a knock off or something? Black composite stock and pistol grip. Can anyone tell me what exactly this is?

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Can ya post pics yet? :D

3. shenny

shenny New Member

I don't know. I'll try when I get home

4. shenny

shenny New Member

Here are some pics.
    I'm really wondering if this gun is worth really cleaning up and dropping some quality parts into.

The original grip is that black plastic grip with the finger grooves.

Also the fore grip is jacked out of alignment for some reason.....I want to attach a red dot sight to this somehow, but id like to replace the grip and handguard with wood. Think I can get an iron sight weaver rail replacement?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  5. shenny

shenny New Member

Bump? sorry if this is frowned upon!

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

It looks Polish, are there any markings on it at all? There would be if it were Russian, Romanian or Polish.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  7. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

I have an AK, They all look somewhat bent, But either your barrel is bent or the pic is at an odd angle, To me anyhow.
    You cant find stamps on any of the parts? Not even the piston?
    I wish I was of more help.

I have an iron sight weaver rail scope mount, I'm not a fan, Eventually its going to strip out the screw for the stock, But yours doesn't have a side mount, So I guess its 6's

8. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

9. shenny

shenny New Member

I'll check the piston when I get home. I know there is at least one stamp somewhere on that biatch

10. shenny

shenny New Member

Here is a picture of what is stamped on the bolt.

Again, is this worth cleaning up? I'd like to put some nice wood furniture on it and maybe some nice internals if it is.

Attached Files:

11. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Go for it, all that stuff is relatively cheap, and if it turns out to be a POS, you can always find another one to put the new stock and foregrip on! :D

12. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

There is also an "S" shown there, What else does it say?

13. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Good eye Vit!! All I zeroed in on was the serial # on the bolt!! :p

14. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

I got to thinking, Its most likely just the "S" for safe on the right hand side.

15. shenny

shenny New Member

That is indeed the "S" for safety. BUT I got out a flashlight and found some more stuff.

309762 on the top cover

AAAAANNNNDDDDD Drumrollllll

on the left side (VERY FAINTLY) it says Century Arms. M70 AB2. Problem solved?

Charging the bolt is pretty rough and I'd like to know what I can do to smooth it out a bit. Id really just like to improve the operation and the fit and finish a little bit. As you can see from the pictures higher up in the thread, the top and bottom hand guards don't line up. I think Ill just get a new gas tube, some nice wood AK furniture and maybe a cleanup job. Its a cool little rifle. Was thinking about putting a peep sight on it. Nice straight sights too.

Its got a Tapco G2 trigger group. Which I actually like better than my arsenal's stock trigger. Think ill put one of those on my Arsenal.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  16. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnOl4VcV5ng]YouTube - GARY RIMSHOT[/ame]

17. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

I keep thinking about this rifle, Does it appear to have been sand blasted?
    Its good to see you figured out what you have and I hope it works out for you. :cool:
    As for dropping in quality parts, See how and if it shoots well before you replace things, How is the barrel?
    Sorry, I don't know how familiar you are with fire arms, Not that I am a know it all, We are all still learning, I by no means am an AK aficionado, I simply own one.
    Again, Best of luck :D

18. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

19. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

Your rifle looks like my Yugo M-70.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]