Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this pistol from a friend and dont know what it is. It is 1911 style and the only markings on it are on the side of the gun. "rpb industries a1-96 atlanta ga" it looks like maybe a .45cal. it also has a pachmayr grip but i dont know if that came on it whe it was made. no makings on the slide.

Thanks

·
FAA licensed bugsmasher
7,141 Posts
Photos would be helpful. But I wouldn't doubt C3 is going to come along and give you its complete history anyway.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
RPB Industries primarily made UZI and MAC style guns for a short time befofe they went under. I believe they also made a few hundreds 1911 guns as well. Supposedly it was difficult to find parts for their MACs and UZIs, so they started making 1911s. I have no idea on value as I've never seen one in person. Some pictures would be helpful in further identifying it.

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
RPB Industries primarily made UZI and MAC style guns for a short time befofe they went under. I believe they also made a few hundreds 1911 guns as well. Supposedly it was difficult to find parts for their MACs and UZIs, so they started making 1911s. I have no idea on value as I've never seen one in person. Some pictures would be helpful in further identifying it.
Yeah- Same as Corbra or owned by or sumthin?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Don't know about that. If I remember correctly, the RPB stood for the initials of the last names of the guys that started the company. Don't recall the names though. The P might be Pitts I think.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but do you still have this frame?
If you click on his name, you'll see the info summary below:

Posts 1 Threads 1brnofn
Last Activity:
04-19-2013 12:01 PM

1 post, 1 like, no activity for 4 years. Don't stay up tonight waiting for his reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you click on his name, you'll see the info summary below:

Posts 1 Threads 1brnofn
Last Activity:
04-19-2013 12:01 PM

1 post, 1 like, no activity for 4 years. Don't stay up tonight waiting for his reply.
Yeah, I figure as much. I've been scouring the internet for pictures or any information on these frames. This is one of 2 threads I've even found mention of them.

·
Premium Member
14,832 Posts
It appears they might still be in business.

RPB Industries

P.O. Box 133052

Atlanta

GA 30333

United States

Phone (404) 326-6798

10am - 5pm

Monday thru Friday

Eastern Time

·
Registered
3 Posts
It appears they might still be in
In a book I'm reading it tells how RPB made a short run of these frames in the 80's. They were trying to diversify from the subguns they had. There was a limited run of 1911's available, and it seems everyone who has one doesn't know What they have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts