What kind of dogs ya got?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DuraCoater, Oct 30, 2012.

1. DuraCoater

DuraCoater New Member

We currently have two Pembroke Welsh Corgis - after owning this breed, I don't think I have any interest in other types of dogs.

Super smart and loyal. Ren (sable male) even tries to talk like a human when he wants to say something. Maggie (black female) is my wife's keeper - she has to be within eye sight of her at all times.

Even if she goes to the bathroom, Maggie will stand guard right at the threshold of the door.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notice posted in my workshop slash office;

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  2. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

I have a Chocolate Lab named Cooper, he just turned a year old a few days ago. He's a total spaz but a really great dog and is fantastic with my kids. I've always had Labs.

Attached Files:

3. PC167

PC167 New Member

I have two doberman's a 11 yr old female named Jade and a 1 yr old male named Ozzy, both are great around kids and adults. I also have a 5 yr old male mix named Axel thats also a great pooch.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  4. MCarter788

MCarter788 New Member

I have an Aussie mix mutt (lol that's my guess) named Hurley and a JackRat (half jack russell and half rat terrier) named Penny...

image-3756752888.jpg

And here they are at Christmas with me...

image-2762932100.jpg

5. PC167

PC167 New Member

Here's my male.

Attached Files:

6. DuraCoater

DuraCoater New Member

Hurley? Penny?

Lost fan eh? lol

7. levelcross

levelcross New Member

DuraCoater, Corgi's are great dogs, I had a male as my first K-9 companion when I was 6. He slept at the foot of my bed every night and ran beside my bicycle for hundreds of miles over the years.

Now I have a 110Lb. German Shepard lap dog, she too is my constant companion and guardian.

My Grandogter is a 10Lb. Jack Russell that is wide open 16 hrs a day, she trots on 3 legs with one rear leg off the ground. We call it her cruise control, when she has all 4 on the floor look out that little dog can fly, and she loves to run and chase a tennis ball that I will hit with a racket to get it far enough for her to chase.

Attached Files:

8. lawman3980

lawman3980 New Member

There's my two. A Lab and Beagle. The Lab is 9 and a tad neurotic. The beagle is a rescue and I never thought I'd like beagles but he's pretty cool. My wife and daughter named the beagle "Pety" I just call him fag cuz he's constantly licking his balls.

That reminds me of a story.
    Two drunks were walking down the street and saw a stray dog sitting there licking his balls. One drunk says "man I wish I could do that". The other drink replies "you might want to pet him first".

Attached Files:

9. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Grew up with Shepards and Corgi's

Now have Papillon's... wouldn't have any other breed.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

let's see, a Basset hound named Daisy, a Shih Tzu named Sparky, a Schnauzer named Riley, a Schnauzer mix named LuLu, a Chihauhau named Lil' Bit, a mutt named Pongo, a Pit Bull named BoBo, a Schnauzer mix named Jake, a Sheperd mix named Maggie, a Lab named Lulabelle, and another Shepard mix named Cisco.

11. carbon15man

carbon15man New Member

They are Italian greyhounds the first and last pic are the parents o the one in the middle
    image-81249846.jpg

image-591755599.jpg

image-4052614533.jpg

12. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

English shepherds and a great pyrenees

13. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Choclate red nose named roxy, biggest goof ever!

ForumRunner_20121030_230352.jpg

14. seanwhite75154

seanwhite75154 New Member

A blue heeler named sarge and a catahoula named Lola, both are outstanding dogs

Attached Files:

15. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

The really really ridiculously dumb kind

...changed her name to Short Buss about 3 years ago

Tack

16. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

We just love dogs of all kinds. They ask for so little and give so much in their too short lives. Our own dogs are like us Scotch Irish these are Gordon Highlanders {Setters}.;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  17. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Black lab named Maya. We got her after responding to a craig'slist ad for a "Well trained 1 year old lab". Drove out to Jamestown to see her, and realized 2 things. She was maybe 3 months old, (she fit between my wife and me on rhe front seat of my F150) and she was in all likelyhood abandoned by the previous tenants (she weighed 16 pounds, and you could see the hip bones, spine, and ribs). We took her in with the intention of fostering her until we could find a new home for her. Fast forward 1 year, and she is 77 pounds, fit, and completely my wife's dog. The other 2 that were living with me (German Sheppard\Chow mix and a Great Dane) are now back with my sister and BIL since they were able to find a pet friendly landlord.

18. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

85 lb brindle roman nosed pit named Nero who's 7 months. I as of yesterday evening also have 2 new puppies. A male and female pair of plott/black mouth cur mixes. I'm still workin on names for them. Suggestions welcome. Although sadly Pinky and The Brain seems to fit them at the moment;) I'm actually thinkin bout callin them Riley and Ruby but.........

19. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Seven year old Brittany named Amber. I belong to her. So gld she is not my wife.

Amber on chair.jpg

20. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Ruby full Rottie (our loyal protector) . Fritz my full Min Schnauzer (our Sgt. of The Guard whos ballz clank) and Sophie my "black dog" Heinz-57 (our "best day ever" sweety)

I've kept Rotts for most of my adult life They are truly my favorite breed for countless reasons. My only complaint is that they are a seriously gassy breed,and can melt the paint off the walls. lol We've always had a rescue dog, and Sophie came to us as a young stray 4 years ago. She "who must be loved" is much fun she's on constant play mode. Sgt. Fritz, we received as a gift from my BIL/SIL. He's loyal and is on guard 24/7 nothing gets next to the house w/o his alerting us. He can roust the dead..

We also have 2 cats that we rescued from the pound "George and Gracie" (some of you may know the reference) their owner moved to Virginia and didn't/couldn't? take them. They were well taken care of and fixed. George is a monster at almost 20lbs. When you have as many daughters as I have its next to impossible to tell them no over certain things.LOL