What kills me about this board...

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by sweeper22, Jul 10, 2012.

1. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

...is the influence it sometimes exerts over my wallet.

Been shopping around for a complete patrol type setup for a bit now. I was gonna order a Noveske Basic MOE, but they're not filling orders until they land some more barrel blanks. So...I just put 50% down on this 6lb Daniel Defense M4v3 middy.

[​IMG]

2. bkt

bkt New Member

How is this a bad thing?

I mean, yeah, it put a dent in your wallet. So do women, and you don't get a sweet AR when that happens.

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

And the AR doesnt PMS and talk back :)

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Excellent choice, sweeper! I'll warn you though, a few of us here who got a V3 added a BCM twin within a year or so. It's gotta be this site, not our fault, right... :p

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

6. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

WTF? I'm already in the process of building a 14.5" BCM/MOE middy on my Noveske chainsaw lower. I guess you can add my name to that list.

I'm in the process of adding 3 AR's in the coming weeks. The DD, the Nov/BCM build, and waiting on a backordered 8lb RRA Operator for range fodder. The RRA will wear a scope. Between the other two, one will be iron sights, one a nice red dot (EoTech 512 maybe) with flip-up BUIS.

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

bum bum bum, another one bites the dust.....

BRD strikes again.......

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Amen brother and its truly cheaper in the long run :D

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

And the gifts that you give the AR, you get to enjoy :)

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Very nice. I disagree with the influence this place has on your wallet. I've been here since 2010 and this place STILL hasn't put enough money in my wallet to buy something like that. :mad:

11. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

you have obvisously spent too much money on shooting what you have and not saving for "cooler" guns. :p

12. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I'm seeing more and more DD here.. nice choice! ;)

13. X-mark

X-mark New Member

Do you need one of these? I can help ;)

[​IMG]

Click the picture, then use the forum discount code "FT5" to save 5% and shipping is free!

14. Quentin

Quentin New Member

That's why so many of us build our own, $100 here and $200 there, buy the parts as you can afford them. The biggest expense is a complete upper but even that you can separate somewhat or save up for a few months. If you buy a stripped lower you will finish the AR, that's a guarantee!

15. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Very nice SUR you got there.. This place has infected more people with BRD than you can count :eek: I had just purchased my first when I found this place then they said " hey build one anyone can do it " now they have multiplied to 7 and 1/2 and just waiting for an upper to complete my latest.

16. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Do you not remember my escapade with replacing the thumb safety on my Mark II? :(

17. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Winds, trust me. I know very little about AR's, but I was able to put my lower together pretty easily. You also have a ton of experts on here that would be more than willing to help.

18. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

If you so choose, you can buy in segments that are tantamount to snapping together a handful of Legos.

Me being far from an expert, I don't see myself straying from mostly complete uppers...maybe I'll add my own handguard, BCG, charging handle...but that's about it. And that requires no more skill than the most basic field strip.

19. Quentin

Quentin New Member

WOC, I can guarantee installing the safety/selector into an AR is easier than on a Mark II Ruger! If you are good with your hands or can get a little help, building up a stripped lower is not terribly hard.

Or you can get a complete lower and a complete upper and pin them together to finish the rifle. Lots of guys here do that and call it a build. I wouldn't argue with that if they put a lot of thought into what went in to each and bought the right parts.