What Is Your Minimum Capacity

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Trunk Monkey, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

7+1 most of the time but comfortable with 5 or 6

Trunk Monkey likes this.
  2. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

I'm not going to explain anything to you. In fact, most of the time I ignore you

3. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

A lot of civilian/perp gunfights last only a few seconds. Bang-bang-bang and everybody's either ducking, running or bleeding.

Better to be sure of your gear and confident in your ability to use it, because--no matter how fast you are--if you have to do a mag change or clear a malfunction, it's probably gonna be too late.

If you have good gear in good working order, you shouldn't have to worry. I've been in a good many gunfights (I got hit in my unlucky 13th) but I never had a malfunction or a mag problem because I trouble-shooted all my gear during downtime.

I'm not saying don't carry a spare mag or speedloader. Always a good idea. Just be damn sure those critical first rounds are gonna yours...and not the guy's who's shooting at you.

Centerliner likes this.
  4. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

Keep it that way. [​IMG]

I can't recall anything I've ever said to you or about you where I got personal. Matter of fact I once admitted to you that you were right and I was wrong.

Why not start getting a little personal??? You sure seem to be the noob Mr. Popularity around here. You could probably fit what you know into a thimble and have room left for a bowling ball. I'd put your wisdom right there with jock itch.

Go ahead hit the ignore switch on me if you can dish it out but can't take it. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    JRDallas, austin92, Ghost1958 and 3 others like this.
  5. Trunk Monkey

I hear what you're saying but I just can't get around the fact that a spare magazine just doesn't add enough burden not to carry it even if I never need it. I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just saying I'm going to.

Centerliner, Ghost1958 and 7point62 like this.
  6. Trunk Monkey

Let me say this a different way.

My job has brought me into contact with quite a few scumbags and my experience is they're not afraid of you. If they can find a way around your gun they will if not they'll go find someone else. I've had too many tweakers attack me while I was armed to ever believe that.

And living in Memphis means nothing. There are people living in Memphis who never have and will never have a criminal encounter.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  7. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

7 + 1 + 2 extra mags if I'm carrying my FEG AP9 .380 (In hot weather) or 16 +1 + 1 extra mag if I'm carrying my C-100 9mm.

8. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Guest

you're not even a LE for goodness sake and they don't even whine this much...

who is this "they" and of course you have implemented CRS 16-3-201 against "they"; if not why hasn't your employer or private property owners OR YOU pressed charges against "they" as i'm sure you have two-way comms or at least your personal cell to call in those with arrest powers.

you use the word "IF' - so have you have shot those who have "attacked you" or as mentioned pressed charges, or are you just flat out exhibiting unnatural paranoid behaviour to glean negative attention.

sheepdawg likes this.
  9. sheepdawg

The thugs, criminals and tweakers in Colorado Springs would be girlfriends to Memphis thugs.

JRDallas, Ghost1958 and 7point62 like this.
  10. Trunk Monkey

11. Trunk Monkey

I got this idea from a thread on another discussion forum.

The question that was asked there was our important is capacity to you and in my opinion that's too hard of a question really pin down an answer to because generally you find a gun that has the features that you like and you kind of take the capacity that you're given.

So instead of asking people to rate it in importance I just asked what's the minimum that you'll carry

12. sheepdawg

I never knew there was a Colorado A**h**e Forum. [​IMG]

JRDallas and austin92 like this.
  13. Trunk Monkey

formerCav likes this.
  14. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

No less than 7 and an extra Magazine!;)
    Depending on the Gun!
    Even with my little Khar P-380 it is 7, Because if I ever have to use it they are going to inherit 3 rounds before I re-access the situation!;);)

15. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Guest

gotta love it now regaled to posting elementary level childish memes...

more importantly, you have failed to provide any response about your handling of "they" who attacked you...why?

sheepdawg likes this.
  16. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Only if they stay behind locked doors after dusk.

Been there, worked there, even years ago you better know where to go and not to go . Especially in West Memphis.

17. Trunk Monkey

Because it's none of your business?

Anytime something like that happens at work I'm required to report it to my employer and the police. Worker's comp wants a police report or they don't pay. Once the police are involved I don't get to pick, pressing charges is automatic. I've only ever even been asked once and that was a County Sheriff.

I will tell you that everytime I've been to court I got there and was told the defendant got a plea deal and I could go home.

Tresspassing complaints you don't even go to court. The cops show up and ask you "Did you ask them to leave?" As soon as you say "Yes" they issue a citation and a court date (which the tresspasser never shows up for) and make them leave.

I worked in a mental health facility where it was a client requirement that if a patient assaulted any staff member the police were called and and charges were filed. I had to get an HIV test every 90 days for two years because a 90 pound fifteen year old girl bit my arm. I still have teeth marks.