What is your favorite thing about FirearmsTALK!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Boyerracing343, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

So guys and gals, what is your favorite thing about FTF? What keeps you around? How did you find FTF?

Ill go first. I found FTF with a simple google search. I was bored one evening and looking to learn some more information and participate in some discussions. Personally my favorite thing about FTF is how friendly everyone can be. I enjoy the vast array of topics and discussions found here. I am also able to ask silly and foolish questions without getting flammed out the door. :D

So what is your story? :cool:

2. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

That is basically the exact same thing I would have said.
    I too accidentally stumbled upon this forum during a Google search. Friendly conversation, useful information, excellent variety of weapons to talk about with great knowledgeable people.

I actually got yelled at by the wife today for spending too much time on the FTF phone app. So when she wasn't looking I grabbed her phone and downloaded the app for her, now she can see for herself why I spend a lot of time on here lurking for information.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I got interested in guns from a fellow in Cali. He got angry at me and stopped talking to me so here I was with a GP100 and no one to help me along with it. I knew nothing about guns. At first I considered selling it and forgetting about guns. But I thought, "Why should I let this guy stop me from learning about guns?" I've been single for a very long time and I know by now if I want to do something, I take the initiative to help myself. Ain't no one going to do it for me. So, like the others, I did a Google search.

I originally joined Glock Talk as that's where Cali friend was a member. They were kind of a tough crowd for me. Not extremely helpful, kind of rude, not very patient with me.

So then I found FTF. I was very impressed with the Intro section where you got to tell a little about yourself and many members welcomed you. Wow, what a novel idea. Each new member was welcomed by many. I noticed the members seemed to know each other pretty well and that, on occassion, they met up to shoot together. I registered and started participating. It wasn't too long after I decided to become a SM. That's where I learned what FTF is really "made of". I have paid for other's SM memberships, we have all helped each other financially and with prayer when needed. We have cheered each other's triumphs and cried with each other over the hard times. I am always treated with respect and my questions are always answered patiently and thoroughly. People here have bent over backwards to help me along. I have met with members here to shoot, I bought a gun from a member here for a steal of a price. When I got hung up putting a gun together I was flooded with helpful advice, videos, websites, encouragement and support that helped me get it back together. I am happy here.

4. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I found FTF through google when I was trying to restore an old sxs. I thought I was just going to ask that one question and never come back. I was wrong. The people were friendly, the topics were great, and it was just a lot of fun. So I continued to come back. Now, I come here almost every day and I have learned a lot.

5. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I found it via google as well, but most of the reason I decided to stay is the people, people are pretty easy to get along with, knowledgeable, and sometimes just pretty damn funny.

6. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

In a world filled with different people (may which deeply disturb me) I have found this to be a place where I can meet, talk, discuss, and debate issues with like-minded individuals. Of course we don't always see eye-to-eye, but its never anything personal, and that's what makes it great.

And of course let us not forget the absolute hilarity that frequently takes place throughout the message boards here!

Gotta love google...

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Interesting question. I like the people.

8. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

I am new to FTF. I have always enjoyed forums. Regardless of topic, they are a great way to share knowledge and meet people. FTF has the best group of members I know. Some of the other forums out there are full of arrogance (among other things) :p

I like it here, and plan on sticking around.

9. Some good responses! And a good question. I am terribly new, but have just enough knowledge about guns to know that I should be learning more rapidly. My main goal is to develop enough firearm knowlege, marksmanship, and tactics to have the right attitude about carrying concealed. I'm also making a transition from being in favor of some gun control in my younger years to adopting some of the fervor about supporting gun rights because guns don't kill, people kill kind of thing. I just got on a CW kick in the past few months and have been taking classes, reading, and such. I looked the site up because of a double feed issue and am at this time setting up a berm and some backstops to do some shooting on some acreage I have. I find the discussion to be helpful and often courteous. I too, as others have noted, have felt uncomfortable with the attitude expressed by some BMW owners in a BMW site that I found silly. So I hope this forum continues to satisfy...

10. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Just the LOVE of GUNS and to hear what people have to say........:):):)

11. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

The koozies say there are bOObs here. :p

...the wait continues! :D

12. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I found FTF googling on the internet when soon after
    I was banned by ElsiePeaForum for asking questions
    regarding the growth of militias in the United States.
    The moderator was a newbee, a friend of another moderator,
    who took issue with me for asking an innocent question.
    I stated I was curious, as I am a writer, as to the opinions
    of others on the subject. He just banned me from the site.
    I came to FTF and was thrilled to find knowledgable members
    and moderators whose parameters were universal as oppose
    to being provincial as the previous forum. And so questions
    were answered by members here on all sorts of things without
    sanctimonious rigidity. Thanks ya'!

13. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I found FTF when I got my Medusa... Surprisingly this was the only forum that helped me with my questions.. I find people are helpful and dont care that you dont own "gun X"

I stay because I find its a resource that cant be matched.. Ive gotten more than just info, parts that are unavailable, did some brass trading (we need to start that up again! :D ), Really I could go on.... Thanks to ALL!

14. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

No place else would have me. ;)

15. bkt

bkt New Member

Knowledgeable people willing to help, great source for casual reading - I've learned a heck of a lot unintentionally, and a good place to kick around ideas. Mostly, it's the people who make up the group that rock - down to earth and not pretentious.

Yeah, there's that, too.

16. OC357

OC357 New Member

1) Found this forum through jeepforum.

2) I have always owned guns and enjoy hunting and target shooting.

3) Discovered there was a wealth of info on here and knowlegeable people willing to share that wealth of info with others.

4) No bashing.

I don't frequent any other gun forums.

OC

17. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I got banned from the other gun sites. :eek:

I never made friends there. :(

Here I have made a ton of friends that I have never met! ;)

18. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

[​IMG]

And..."Money for nothing and the chicks for free!" ;)

19. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Although new here, I am impressed with the knowledge and, scarily, common sense found here. I thought it was nearly extinct.
    Was shocked, after spending time browsing other forums on firearms, that when you asked a question about a gun or a question about building one, rather than ridicule, you actually got solid answers and encouragement.
    Although everyone here has great senses of humor, they also have common sense and courtesy, which is rare. Adults on the internet? Damn. I thought I was the only one.
    And of course, Koozies. Just the sound of the word spoken out loud makes me all warm and fuzzy. But that's cause my mind is usually in the gutter.

20. orangello

orangello New Member

The lack of Peta-petting bear-lovers.

But seriously, the smart/experienced people don't seem to mind filling in the n00bs.