What is your favorite glock and what do you use it for

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Seanbo123, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Seanbo123

Seanbo123 New Member

MY glock is a glock 36. I use it for home protection and also conceal carry. Its a 45acp cartridge so it has some stopping power and its the only single stack magazine fed glock and the slimest slide of a glock brand pistol

2. Glockcurmudgeon

Glockcurmudgeon New Member

Damn, but I HATE limiting questions...

I have one of each of the following:

Glock 21
    Glock 21SF
    Glock 30
    Glock 30SF

All four have been modified to be the best that they can be...

Both Glock 21s have captured 17lb tungsten guide rods and recoil springs, Trijicon tritium night sights, and 17rd Arredondo mag kits.

Both Glock 30s have stainless steel guide rods and captured recoil springs, and +2 magazine extensions...

Somedays, I'll only wear two firearms- yes, and that ALWAYS pertains to the battlefield...

Glockcurmudgeon, out...

3. SGTMAC26

SGTMAC26 New Member

Well, my main Glock is a G23 and it has been upgraded with a capture stainless steel guide rod with a 18lb spring, extended takedown bar and mag release, I throated and polished the mouth of the chamber and feed ramp, and polished the entire trigger assembly.
    I use it primarily for my carry sidearm.

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

My Glock is the G31, it was my sidearm as a deputy sheriff. I still carry it every once in a while and it stays within an arms length whenever i sleep

5. vincent

vincent New Member

G21sf and G30...I use them to make bad people go away...

6. TimKS

TimKS Member Lifetime Supporter

...a 17 & 19.........they punch holes.

7. Chris762

Chris762 New Member

I'm with you on the Glock 36. Darn nice for carry.

8. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Probably to classify my favorite Glock it would be my Model 27, 40cal with extended magazine. I can not stand to have my little finger hanging over the end of the pistol grip. The reason it is my favorite is that most of the year I carry it for CCW. In the real hot months when it is harder to hide due to light clothing I carry a Kahr P-380. Not that the 380 cal is my preference for CCW calibers, but it is better to have a 380 on you, rather than having the Model 27 in the truck when you might need it! I pretty much retired my Model 22, 40 cal. when I retired. Still shoot it and like it alot and it shoots great.

9. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Thats a toughy.. But it would be between the 19 and 23. Leaning more towards the 23.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

10. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

I've got a 23 and a 27. I carry the 23 the most but will swap out with the 27 depending on my mood. I do like that the 27 will accept the 23 and also 22 mags.

11. PrinC

PrinC New Member

My favorite glock is my Glock 25 in .380 caliber for concealed carry. I've had it for almost ten years and it has served me well. The only place I haven't been with it is on a plane and to court. I won't advise anyone to attempt that either.....lol

12. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Gotta be the start of it all, the 17. Use it for ccw when I'm not carrying my 1911, will be using it for competition starting in April. 3000 Rounds + since the end of January with no hiccups.

13. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Got pictures? With the import restrictions I haven't seen a G25 and probably never will in person!

14. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Yea those are extremely rare.

15. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

I'm tossing a BS flag on this one.

The only way I could be convinced is a picture. The gun laying on a piece of paper with the words "WILLFULLY ARMED IS WRONG" written In blue pen. It must be laying over the words and model and magazine depicting caliber clearly visible.

My favorite is my G20. It used to be my IDPA gun. Now it rarely gets shot. It rests in the safe, while the 45 crowd dream of it.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  16. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

My flag went up as well, I have never met anyone who has ever seen one or own one. Will, not that I want him to prove you wrong but it would be pretty b/a to see one and just to see WILLFULLY ARMED IS WRONG would be pretty funny. You're usually right about everything I've read from your posts.

17. PrinC

PrinC New Member

Okay guys, I am responding to yall bait on this one. First off, to lay aside all concerns since this caliber is not allowed for public use in the USA, I am not a US resident. I live in the Caribbean, but the login setup purposes which didn't allow for me to post my actual location so I put MIAMI. I am presently the Vice President of our local shooting Association responsible for Sport Shooting on our island in the Caribbean. Most firearm holders who are not law enforcement personnel on island carry the G25 for personal protection, or some .380 caliber weapon. The experienced shooters are allowed an upgrade to a 9mm or higher, but this is a privilege and not a right. So, in our neck of the woods, we have G25's here like coins in a cash register.....lol. So, put yur flags down and relax, I am no rogue in the firearm's world.

Now, lemme see if i can upload the pic of my 'third hand' to show yall...feel free to scan it for verification purposes.

Attached Files:

18. PrinC

PrinC New Member

Sorry guys, let me send a pic of the other side, although the shine may affect visibility.

Attached Files:

19. zebramochaman

zebramochaman New Member

I own two Glocks, a G-32 and a G-21. The G-21 is currently being used by my son-in-law as a nightstand gun. The G-32 is my main gun for SD/HD. It sits in my nightstand drawer and sits in a Galco Miami Classic Shoulder holster when I carry during weather that allows me to wear a jacket.

20. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

My fav is my 19. Why is the G25 (.380)not allowed here?