What is your favorite EDC knife under 100$

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by JMAtactical, May 24, 2013.

1. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

I want to know! I am always in the market for new knives as I am a collector. So help me out here y'all tell me your favorites please. Here is a picture of my current EDC

image-1453635823.jpg

2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

3. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Kershaw Storm, U.S. made, $20, best knife I've ever carried.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. FL-panhandle

FL-panhandle New Member

I love this Camillus Knife got it academy for around $39 , razor sharp and has a nice, swift assist opening thumb slide.

image-3721824808.jpg

5. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

My Smith & Wesson Extreme Ops.

6. lastrebel70

lastrebel70 New Member

It would either be my Spyderco Tenacious or my Cold Steel Medium Tanto.

7. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

I don't know how to reply to a specific comment on my iPhone but I like that camilius and I love the spyderco tenacious. In fact two days ago I switched from my persistence to my zombie killer. In wonder what kind of steel that camilius is

8. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Also to pure havoc I bought a wingman from LM. It should be here anyway now ill be doing a review of it on my podcast and you tube page

9. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Sonic I want to know more about the storm. What do you like about it. I just looked it up. Is it the storm 2?

10. txpossum

txpossum New Member

During the years I had to wear a suit everyday, it was a Benchmade Mini Griptilian worn clipped in the waistband of my trousers. Now that I wear jeans more it is a vintage Gerber Folding Sportsman from the 70's. Once again it's after midnight and I'm too lazy to break out the camera and take actual photos, I'm attaching stock photos of both knives.

Attached Files:

11. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Dang possum. I wish I knew you for real man lol everything you post is just cool and fun to real and look at. I love that bench made. And you got a Geber from when they actually took pride in their knives. I your ever around Amarillo let me know lol

12. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Read** not real.... Sorry had an autocorrect moment

13. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I live in PA now, but still have to return to the Promised Land every so often. If I get up Amarillo way I'll let you know.

You'd probably like what I consider one of the coolest knives I have -- a Buck 110 converted into an automatic -- switchblade, that is. Heck of spring on that one.

14. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

When you have the time you must take a picture sir. I am an avid collector even though most them where stolen. I am rebuilding and I love to see custom knives. Hey by the way possum have you heard of knife dogs forum? A man such as yourself would really like that page I think. I am telling all my friends about it because of the extreme variety of people vendors and makers

15. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Smith&Wesson Border Guard
    image-491274635.jpg

image-2779367777.jpg

16. HotFudge

HotFudge New Member

Under 100? IDK, I guess these two guys

[​IMG]

My favorite EDC knife is my Benchmade 275, which was entirely too much money.

[​IMG]

17. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

I gave my buddy who is a Cav Scout in Afghanistan my Benchmade because he is an awesome guy and he needed an awesome knife. Now I'm sporting a Kershaw Leek which I love. Definitely one of the better knives I've owned.

18. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Ill be honest man I owned a kershaw leak and it was not my favorite. It was a ken onion edition and the blade was so hard it was brittle. I hope they make them better now. I take it you don't treat your knives like a jerk like me lol and for the proper use of the knife it will last a good long time. I made the mistake of using it to try to dig a 9mm round out of a tree and broke the tip off so it was entirely my fault. I did get a warranty replacement knife that seemed much better made.

19. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

You guys are really making me want to go to benchmades website and start cart filling lol. I have never have them much fault as I am more a Ka-Bar and Spyderco fan but I love any knife that was made with the consumer on mind and not just a dollar to be had

20. FL-panhandle

FL-panhandle New Member

VG-10 stands for V Gold 10 ("gold" meaning quality), or sometimes V-Kin-10(V金10号) (kin means "gold" in Japanese), and is a quality cutlery grade stainless steel produced in Japan. Takefu Special Steel co.,Ltd, based in Takefu, Fukui Prefecture, Japan (former cutlery/sword-making center of Echizen) originally designed VG-10 stainless steel.

VG-10's initial market was aimed at Japanese chefs, but also found a home in sport cutlery. However, Spyderco has also produced some of its most popular models from VG-10, resulting in a larger market for the steel.

Almost all VG-10 steel knife blades are manufactured in Japan.