What is your favorite brand of handgun and why?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by TimKS, Jul 16, 2011.

1. TimKS

TimKS Member Lifetime Supporter

What is your favorite brand of handgun and why?

To answer this question, I have to say that I don't have a favorite, I love them all equally.

But I find that I own more Rugers than any other brand. I have two P-89's, one P-85, one P-90, two GP-100's, a Security Six, and a LCR in .357.

I also have a Glock, Jennings, FN, Colt, Keltec and a S/W. I'd have more if it were for the money shortage. :D

Now long guns........another thread sometime. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
  2. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

My favorite brand is either Ruger or Springfield. I lean more towards Ruger, because there overall line up I like more than Springfield. With Ruger they have practically every handgun type I could want single action revolvers, double action revolvers, polymer firearms, and ect. I like Springfield for their GI and Mil-Spec 1911's, and their XDm series. I like all types of manufacturers and firearms, but Ruger and Springfield don't break the bank, and I get high quality firearms that I want/like.

3. Flat4sti

Flat4sti New Member

Sadly i have only one handgun. A Beretta PX4 in a .40. So, i would have to say that it has to be my favorite. In a couple weeks i plan on either getting a cz 75b or a Browning HP if i want to spend the extra bucks. which i really don't think i want to.

4. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I like almost anything produced by Browning, Sig Sauer, and Springfield. Plenty of nice options from Ruger and S&W too.

But the brand that I really have a soft spot for is CZ USA / Dan Wesson.

[​IMG]

5. P90

P90 New Member

I have more Rugers than any other Brand, and my Favorite Ruger is a P90DC.

6. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

Browning, Colt, Remington, and Taurus... not a fan of S&W.

7. TimKS

After reading your post, I had to go back & edit my OP. I falsely said I had a P-95 when I meant P-90. How can you get a .45 wrong? :D

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Ed Brown, then CZ-USA (1911 format).

9. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Although I don't own one anymore I really like the S&W wheelguns. Something about the easy mechanics and style I really like.

Right now I have semi's. Ruger P89, Springfield XDm9mm, Keltec P-11, and a Springfield Loaded 45. All reliable, all a little different from each other, I like that, too.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Ones that GO BANG!!!! I will shoot anything 30 times. I don't care what it is.

11. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Sig Sauer, Kimber, Colt, Glock and Beretta. I am trying to collect all the pistols I want on my top 12 list then I am moving on to rifles. I already have the ones I listed so my next purchase when I get the money is a browning 9mm, wilson 45acp, ed brown, les baer, nighthawk. Needless to say it is going to take me a few more years to collect these. :)

12. StanDJ77

StanDJ77 New Member

i may be bias

I have to say Glock sorry:rolleyes: They are simple to operate, cost friendly, ultra-reliable, interchangeable mags, low cost parts, easy maintenance(deep breath) should i continue??

13. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

S & W Wheel-Gun......

14. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I own two Rugers and I would like to add another to my gun family some day. But I haven't shot enough guns or had enough experience to be able to compare all the different brands.

15. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I have more than one favorite. However, my favorite handgun is a 1927 Sistema 1911 manufactured by DGFM in 1959. They are also sometimes called an Argentine Colt since they were manufactured on Colt equipment with production overseen by Colt.

Gratuitous pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those grips are gone, it currently wears a set of Esmerelda grips.

16. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Phillips & Rogers.... They made the Medusa and a multi-caliber bolt action rifle called a wilderness explorer. Too bad their no more....:(

17. TimKS

18. therewolf

therewolf New Member

It varies from time to time.

Right now it's an old .44 Deagle, from before they made the .50AE...

19. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

My favorites, which I carry favorably are S&W 457 & Rugers LCP :

Attached Files: