What is your EDC?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Stillersfan, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

What gun do you EDC? Do you have a summer and winter carry?? I have a few summer pistols that are my favorites. I carry the Ruger LC9 and recently M&P Shield. They provide good concealment and no printing when wearing light clothing. My winter EDC consists of my Kimber Ultra Carry II, Sig P239, and Glock 19.

2. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

This is my "American Express Gun" (Never leave home without it), a Ruger Blackhawk three screw .44 Special in a Bob Mernickel holster. Summer, winter, Monday through Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
    [​IMG]

Usually cover it with a vest or for Sunday-go-to-meeting wear sport coat or suit coat.

Bob Wright

3. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

:D:D
    Very nice system you have there! :D Do you have a rotation or is that your primary?

4. thefourthD

thefourthD New Member

Most days my Ruger LCP, but on those winter days when I'm wearing bulky layers my Ruger LC9.

5. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

First off, I want that belt Bob! Second, I hate you, you're making me like revolvers! The last thing I need is another thing to get into and spend my hardly earned money on. Hahaha

6. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Yeah, my Winter/Fall carries are far too large and obvious with shorts on to be considered concealed, and I only conceal for EDC. Or rather, my Summer/Spring wear is far too small pocketed to carry my preferred pieces in them.

7. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

Not sure what you mean by rotation. I carry this everyday I'm out and about.

But I do have several more single actions with 4 3/4" barrels, both in .44 Special and .45 Colt.

Bob Wright

8. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

Well.. What I mean by "my rotation" is that I have several guns in which I have at my disposal which I carry. As I stated earlier, I go between my LC9, M&P Shield, and 2 others. I rotate them depending on the day and what I am wearing. Im sure you have your favorites that you carry.. Dont you?

9. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

Well, naw, this is pretty much it. Don't see any need to change it out.

My wardrobe is pretty simple: Wrangler jeans, shirt, boots and vest. Sunday its Wrangler Wranch pants, shirt, handsome necktie, and spiffy sport coat. This is me one Sunday morning (with the white hair) at church. The Ruger is on my right hip under my coat.
    [​IMG]

That's my pastor, without hair.

Bob Wright

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  10. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Glock 26 for summer. Glock 19 and 17 for Winter. LCP for pocket carry if it's too hot or dress code requires deep concealment or jsut for handiness. (LCP is on hold right now for carry due to some slide and barrel hood peening.)

11. Dionysus03

Dionysus03 New Member

Springfield XDM 3.8 in 9mm or a Taurus 1911 depending on how I'm feeling. Can conceal either on my frame fairly easily.

12. JustMDM

JustMDM New Member

Used to have summer and winter carry winter being Springfield Champion Operator 1911 and S&W shield for the summer but this winter I've just kept to the shield.

13. 1911Shooter

1911Shooter New Member

Pretty much just carry my Kimber ultra raptor II. Button up shirt open or low light jacket.

14. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I carry everything from a Ruger Blackhawk to a JA-22. It depends on how I am dressed and the chances of having to use the weapon. If I am just running into a store I carry a JA-22 or a P-3AT. If I am going to collect money from a shady character or address a situation were someone has threatened me, a family member or my livestock/pets I carry a P95 or the Blackhawk.

15. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Whatever doesn't print with what I'm wearing that day.

16. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

What holster are you using for your G26?

17. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I was recently looking at the Springfield XDs for carry. Its on my list. Maybe the wife will pick it up for Xmas... ;)

18. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

Nice ... :D I have a Kimber SS Pro Raptor II on lay-a-way and should be picking it up soon. I'm already drolling. Thinking about carrying that in the winter. What's your thoughts?

19. 1911Shooter

1911Shooter New Member

I love carrying mine, very easy to conceal and I wear it OWB In one of the Mitch Rolson holsters. It is a beautiful weapon, you will love it!

20. Dionysus03

Dionysus03 New Member

I'm looking at it as well! I might wait for Springfield to release it in the 9 or 40 but wouldn't mind having a .45 either.