??what is your best shooting 22cal??

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by fluffo63, Feb 9, 2008.

1. fluffo63

fluffo63 New Member

.hey i own several 22,s but i will have to say this with factory fed ammo
    this Remington 512 15 shot tube fed,made in 1943 is the best open sight
    tack driver i ever eased the trigger on,its a shooter..im waiting on a few
    replys on this topic thanks...:D

2. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

I wish I had it; it was my granddad's Winchester, not sure what model (probably a 67). So accurate and easy to shoot for a young boy (first time I shot it my Dad had to rest it on a milk can for me). Ahhh the memories.:D

3. Righteous

Righteous New Member

old model 74 winchester in .22 short

4. SGTHOOP

SGTHOOP New Member

Cooper Arms 22 bolt action....pricey but virtually impossible to beat

5. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

That I own, a plastic Remington Model 77. Ugly green plastic stock, goofy plastic mag, and incredibly accurate. Might be a fluke, but does it shoot nicely.

6. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

Remington 572

My first gun was a Remington 572 Fieldmaster that my dad bought for me nearly 40 years ago, and in my heart that will always be the best shooting gun. Some guns may handle better, shoot faster, or be more accurate, but does that even matter when we are talking favorites?

7. tuck2

tuck2 New Member

Anschutz Mdl 1710 MG but my Ruger 10-22 Target with the action glass bedded into a thumb hole stock that has a 6X Burris target scope mounted on it is more fun to shoot.

8. EHCRain10

EHCRain10 New Member

a Marlin 39 made in 1946, dont know if that makes it a 39A or not but its fun and accurate to shoot

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Guys hate it when I bring the remington 511-x to the range. It will shoot with any factory rifle out there today. It has a 6-18x40mm BSA scope on it. You cna not beat an old remmy or mossy. My dad has 2 dozen of the remmys and is getting to 2+dozen on the old mossbergs.

He just sent me a 513T with a Heavy Barrel on it. I have some work to do to it before it starts to take trips to the Rifle Range. I need to get some taller rings to mount my Weaver Kt-15 15x40m scope on it. The biggest problem right now is the barrel he bought from numrich for it has a sloppy chamber. .003" over sized, I need to send it back to get a replacement for it.

10. NateCJ5

NateCJ5 New Member

So far I'm very impressed with my Ruger 96 lever in 22mag. Even shooting hollow points it shoots alot better than I expected.

11. marysdad

marysdad Member

12. Grape Ape

Grape Ape New Member

X2 on the Remington 512 Sportmaster, bolt action with a tube feed. My grandfather gave it to me for Christmas in 1980. I was 10. I have shot more rounds than I can count through it and it is one amazing shooter. I was stationed in Alaska and had my dad ship it up to me in 91. I bragged to my wife about it's accuracy. She had heard that boast from many people about their guns over the years and figured my boast was the same. After shooting it, when the topic comes up she brags on it for me.:D.

13. Zappa

Zappa New Member

You didn't state handgun or rifle, so I'll give you my most accurate of each.
    Pistol: Late 70's production S&W model #41
    Rifle: T/C Contender Carbine w/Thumbhole Stock and 21" Target Crowned Barrel.

14. illbfrank

illbfrank New Member

Anshutz with Leupold 4X on top shoots great. Also the old Ruger 10/22 is mighty good. Even my grandad's old Ruger MK I pistol still shoots very accurately. That Anshutz, tho, will take out a sparrow's eye at 40 yds. Once drove a nickle into a White Pine with it at 60 yds. As a matter of fact, that was the very first time I ever shot it. I didn't even shoot it a 2nd time for fear I would miss and be exposed. It did go home with me and the plugged nickle that night tho. Been my 16 yr old son's ever since.

15. jcwit

jcwit New Member

Remington M540XR w/35x scope, H&R M12 w/35x scope both capable of almost 1 cal. 5rd groups. Gotta use the right ammo tho not cheap.

16. Coyote3

Coyote3 New Member

Marlin model 60 semi-auto. Could put 14 rounds inside an inch at 50 yards. Could shot the tacks off the paper targets using CCi 550 box ammo.

Bought a Beretta Neos semi pistol a few years ago. Put a 4 power simmons on it and can shoot P-dogs to a hundred yards with ease.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008