What is with Computers Anyway!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dunerunner, Jan 27, 2011.

1. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Ever since I uploaded a newer version of Registry Mechanic and Norton 360, I have bee unable to update Adobe Flash Player. It acts like it disables my anti-virus and firewall and goes through all the motions of loading the software, but it doesn't. When I look at it through control panel there is no file size posted, it is blank. The OS is Vista.

Anybody know, WTF!!

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Norton sucks and it might be causing your problems. I had it for a long time and finally got rid of it. It gets everywhere, slows stuff down, doesn't allow downloads and installations and is a general pain in the azz.

It's also a b*tch to uninstall, it really does get everywhere.

3. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

Upgrade your Vista to Windows 7.

Get CCleaner (free) and Windows Security Essentials (free) and dump your registry mechanic and Norton 360.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  4. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Any time I've had to deal with Norton I've had nothing but problems. This computer came with it installed and, needless to say, I uninstalled it immediately. I use McAfee and have never had any problems with it. I also use Registry Mechanic and I don't have any problems with Adobe Flash Player and its upgrades. I would have to think that Norton is the SNAFU with your computer. Get rid of that and I would be willing to bet that your Adobe problems disappear like a fart in a hurricane.

5. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I use AVG free anti virus.

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Thanks Guys! Norton has saved me many times but has also caused problems that only another copy of Norton was able to fix!!

Wish I knew more about this crap but I'm getting too old to really give a sh!t anymore!!:mad:

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Have you tried to disable Norton when loading the program?

I have found that I have to do that once in a while to get a program to load.

(and no, I do not have or want Norton on my home computers.)

8. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Suggestion only here, but uninstall Norton and buy McAfee. I've used it for years and never had any conflicts with programs I have installed on my computer. I've got several graphics and movie playing/editing programs and McAffee doesn't interfere with any of them or their downloaded upgrades.

9. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Indeed. Best damn anti-virus-spyware program out there IMHO. Have used for years and never had any conflicting problems with software or bug problems, you can even upgrade to the paid version or get the suites that give you outstanding full internet, e-mail, networking and firewall protection. :cool:

10. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

I run Windows 7 Ultimate version with Norton 360. Works fine, however, disable Norton when installing or upgrading Adobe products as mentioned above.

11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Norton is the best on the market (says the magazines)

IT man Tango uses Kaspersky on all of his machines.

Now what you need to get is turn off norton turn the whole entire thing off firewall av everything. Then go and update your adobe and it should work.

Both java and adobe have been having some problems with zero day attacks lately.

12. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I am currently downloading ubuntu to see if I can't get it to run on my wifes PC.

Wireless has always been a big problem with Linux.

13. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Used to be Tango but things have moved on. If you need help PM me

14. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I have no idea what the laptop runs, it's a work computer. I do no the security software isn't all that great ... as I have been responsible for more than a couple server crashes due to malicious downloads. :eek:

Now why in the the hell would anyone want to ruin a man's pron enjoyment? :confused: Some people just want to see the world burn I guess. :(

15. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Finally found it!!

Somehow the Shockwave Flash Object add-on got disabled. Easy fix, just took about a month for me to find it! :rolleyes: