What is up with Norincos

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by CJx, Oct 7, 2013.

1. CJx

CJx New Member

Norinco SKS is the rifle I have found to have the most mixed reviews... however seems to be significantly more positive experiences than negatives.

Are the parts in these Norincos really lower quality than the other variants? We all know what quality the Chinese are known for... but I have read that their weapons are an exception to the stereotype, but have also heard that their weapons are a prime example of the stereotype.

How do Norinco SKS's stack up?

2. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

love mine. Looks and feels very well made and heavy duty. Shoots like a dream. I don't know what more one would look for in a rifle of that price. Mine was bought for around 100 back in the day though, but in todays market I would still buy it if I wanted another SKS.

3. Mercator

Mercator New Member

In one long word, inconsistently. One gets a good working norinco and praises the Chinese. Another gets a POS and blames the Chinese. More likely than not your next chino SKS will work fine. It will be a faceless replica with no pedigree, unlike the Soviet original. I think it bothers some people but not all. Have low expectations. Stay away from beat up bargains. Inspect the rifle carefully (bring a good flashlight, many gun shops have poor lighting, and looking down the bore is mandatory) Pay a reasonable price for a good looking one, knowing that you can resell it at the next gun show, at a minimal loss.

4. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Not had a problem with Norinco rifles. I've had a few over the years and they all did what I expected of them.

5. Mercator

Mercator New Member

I did not mean to knock anyone's fav rifle. Norinco does not manufacture the SKS, we are talking generic mil surp. So no guarantees of any kind, but a good one is still a good one.

6. Mongo

Mongo Active Member Supporter

Some Norinco's have a threaded barrel and milled trigger group. Others have a pinned barrel and stamped trigger group.