what is this remmy worth?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by DarinCraft, Feb 5, 2011.

1. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I have a mint condition 1100 that I want to sell. It's a 20 ga magnum standard grade. From what I understand its based on a 12 ga receiver and mag tube. It has glossy walnut with the white diamond on the pistol grip. The only thing that's weird is it has a cutts compensator on it.

What is this thing worth? I've looked on gunsamerica and seen them go from $500 to $1300. That's a pretty big spread.

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Pics mandinga. Not that I can help but show a damn pic for the love of Petes peppers.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

4. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I knew you'd all bust me balls over it....Lmao. I'll post pics when I get home.

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I'm sorry, there's too much noise and funk here to read what you wrote,

index.jpg

:p

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Remington's are junk man you should know that by now. That thing will just go off and kill every kid within 3 miles. You should send it to me I am a professional Remington rangler. I will be nice and even pay the shipping.....

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

You should know better by now.....

[​IMG]

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's a handsome 1100 Darin.

9. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Thanks. It's in great shape, but I have no idea what it's worth. I was thinking a couple hundred bucks until I started looking around:eek:.

The other question is if that ugly Cutt's comp makes it worth more or less? I can buy another barrel for it, but for crying out loud a plain jane fixed choke no rib is $175 used.

10. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Anyone? Anyone have an idea?

11. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

My dad has the same model but without the compensator/choke on it...

All I can say is that the gun you have now will outlast any NEW remington 1100's...If you're thinking of selling it..don't

Price wise I'd guess anywhere $700-$1,000 depending on the market and who you are sellin it too

12. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Thank you sir. I am selling it because I have no use for it. I shoot 12 ga and my wife has a Model 120 that she will not give up.

13. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

It's very nice looking, the compensator makes it a little unique and gives it some of that extra cool factor. Wish I could help you with price, I'd love to have it myself :)

14. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Looks good, I'll trade you a couple packs of smokes for it.

15. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

I would say $350 to $400 - if you find the right buyer. You can see prices on GunBroker. The Cutts detracts for almost all people, and the non-vent rib barrel doesn't help any either. You may stumble on a target shooter who wants a standard 20 gauge gun, but if they plan to burn a lot of shells they are probably going to want to try to find a standard 20 action sleeve to go on it too, and nothing is too easy to find for them anymore after all these years.

16. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

Im not sure what you are tryin to say virginian..but that gun will plow through shells for the rest of my natural life and I am only 19....With that 12ga. receiver, theyre tough as nails.

17. Missileman

Missileman New Member

The 1100 20ga Magnum version has a smaller market than the standard, mainly because skeet shooters won't buy it because it won't function well with standard target loads. The Cutts is a toss-up, some will like it and some won't. The non ventilated rib distracts about $75 off the value. I'd say around $350 or so is fair market.

18. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I'm a little confused by that statement too.

Thanks for the info. Right now if $350 is all, it's not worth it to sell. I'll buy a vent rib barrel and hold onto for a loaner I guess.

It's on GB right now and get a ton of activity. The bid is $300 but not at the reserve price so we'll see where it goes.