What is the "World's Greatest Handgun"?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by danf_fl, Jun 21, 2012.

1. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

We know that I have the "World's Best Sigma", but Shihan has the "World's Greatest Sigma".

My "World's Greatest" handgun is a Springfield Armory parkerized I purchased over 25 years ago that I've butchered, rebuilt several times, and has lead me on a path that is never ending to find one better.

A friend has a "Looking Glass" in .25ACP that his father liberated from a German officer during WWII. In fact, it is the only firearm he has.

What is your "World's Greatest"?

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Gosh. It's hard for me to say. I have the most fun with my Mark II. It's a great shooter and it makes me look like I know what I'm doing. If you have the target in those crosshairs, you are going to hit it. No ifs, ands or buts.

I love the daylights out of my Sig P238 for being a great pocket pistol. It's nice to look at and the trigger on it is wonderful. You can slip it into the Remora holster and put it in your pocket or IWB and you are good to go. (Well, not me. I live in Illinois. :()

My GP100 is the best HD/SD gun I have. If I am ever in fear for my life in my home, I guarantee you it's the .357 magnum revolver I'm going to reach for. It's the one that can take care of me the best.

I think they each are the the "Greatest" for the purpose they serve for me.

3. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

My grandpas 44mag super red hawk with a 6in hunting barrel.

4. Donn

Donn Active Member

Have to pick two, both Colts. My Model 1873 Single Action Army in .45 long Colt and my 1911 Series 70 Mk.IV in .45acp.

5. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

I would have to go with the 1873 Single Action Army .45 Colt and the 1911 .45 ACP.

6. TimKS

TimKS Active Member Lifetime Supporter

World's Greatest is the one that works when you need it.

7. mcb

mcb New Member

Wow that's a tough one. I love my 629 Classic, I got a great deal on it in the mid nineties. It's a beauty and a great shooter.

I shoot the best with either my 686 or my 3 screw unconverted Blackhawk 357.

My late Uncles Colt Trooper MKIII has great sentimental value.

For carry I like my Colt Commander.

8. colmustard

colmustard New Member

I think my favorite is my series 80 colt government 1911. it is kind of a safe queen. My favorite revolver is a single action a.uberti cattleman in .45lc, it was my first pistol.

9. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I love my colt xse it has power ulike any other 1911 but i also love my sig tac ops casue the frame is slightly thinber so it fits my hand perfectly

ForumRunner_20120621_144616.jpg

ForumRunner_20120621_144653.jpg

10. misterballistic

misterballistic New Member

Pistols have been flirtations and one night stands, but my Ruger GP100 is a true bond. Not sure why. It's just a pleasure to shoot and even to clean.

Some big chunk of steel, old technology wheel gun, bulky, yet...oh I get giddy just thinking about!

11. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

I'll get a picture when I can...but my "World's Greatest Gun" would be my great-grandfather's 1932 Browning Citori O/U 12ga.

-He bought it as a young lad, gave it to my grandfather (not much of a hunter/shooter) who kept it clean and passed it to my dad.
    -My dad used it for pheasant occasionally then packed it up.
    -At 12 years old it was given to me and I learned to shoot clays on it. Hopefully one day it will be my son's.

12. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

The 1911.....................

13. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Thats what i hope to do with my 1911

14. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco New Member

Colt Single Action Army Revolver. The gun that changed history.

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

The world's greatest handgun is the gun in your hand when you need it most.

16. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

My 1911 :)

17. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

That would definetly be my grandfathers 1911 that he gave me, its the same one he carried in the service a true gi model.
    Then my single action rugers one in 357, the other in 45 lc. They have everything done to them possible, and were my sass guns, i had 2 of each but times got gard and sold 1 of each caliber.

18. Dragonheart

Dragonheart New Member

I would have to vote for the 1911 and all it variations.

19. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Take a wild guess... Hehehe. What does 70% of Law Enforcement use?

20. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

That's a pretty tough question, but I reckon after all is said and done, I'd have to pick this Ruger:

[​IMG]

It's a New Model Super Blackhawk, case colored by Doug Turnbull, rosewood grips by Lett, and a Millett Rear sight.

Or it might be this one, which is with me daily:

[​IMG]

It's an old Three Screw .357 Magnum Blackhawk, converted to .44 Special by Dave Clements, case colored by Doug Turnbull, walnut grips by CaryC.

This one is my daily carry gun.

Bob Wright