Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Retired
13,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know that I have the "World's Best Sigma", but Shihan has the "World's Greatest Sigma".

My "World's Greatest" handgun is a Springfield Armory parkerized I purchased over 25 years ago that I've butchered, rebuilt several times, and has lead me on a path that is never ending to find one better.

A friend has a "Looking Glass" in .25ACP that his father liberated from a German officer during WWII. In fact, it is the only firearm he has.

What is your "World's Greatest"?

·
Administrator
34,293 Posts
Gosh. It's hard for me to say. I have the most fun with my Mark II. It's a great shooter and it makes me look like I know what I'm doing. If you have the target in those crosshairs, you are going to hit it. No ifs, ands or buts.

I love the daylights out of my Sig P238 for being a great pocket pistol. It's nice to look at and the trigger on it is wonderful. You can slip it into the Remora holster and put it in your pocket or IWB and you are good to go. (Well, not me. I live in Illinois. :()

My GP100 is the best HD/SD gun I have. If I am ever in fear for my life in my home, I guarantee you it's the .357 magnum revolver I'm going to reach for. It's the one that can take care of me the best.

I think they each are the the "Greatest" for the purpose they serve for me.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Have to pick two, both Colts. My Model 1873 Single Action Army in .45 long Colt and my 1911 Series 70 Mk.IV in .45acp.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Wow that's a tough one. I love my 629 Classic, I got a great deal on it in the mid nineties. It's a beauty and a great shooter.

I shoot the best with either my 686 or my 3 screw unconverted Blackhawk 357.

My late Uncles Colt Trooper MKIII has great sentimental value.

For carry I like my Colt Commander.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I think my favorite is my series 80 colt government 1911. it is kind of a safe queen. My favorite revolver is a single action a.uberti cattleman in .45lc, it was my first pistol.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Pistols have been flirtations and one night stands, but my Ruger GP100 is a true bond. Not sure why. It's just a pleasure to shoot and even to clean.

Some big chunk of steel, old technology wheel gun, bulky, yet...oh I get giddy just thinking about!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I'll get a picture when I can...but my "World's Greatest Gun" would be my great-grandfather's 1932 Browning Citori O/U 12ga.

-He bought it as a young lad, gave it to my grandfather (not much of a hunter/shooter) who kept it clean and passed it to my dad.
-My dad used it for pheasant occasionally then packed it up.
-At 12 years old it was given to me and I learned to shoot clays on it. Hopefully one day it will be my son's.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Colt Single Action Army Revolver. The gun that changed history.

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
The world's greatest handgun is the gun in your hand when you need it most.

·
Registered
209 Posts
That would definetly be my grandfathers 1911 that he gave me, its the same one he carried in the service a true gi model.
Then my single action rugers one in 357, the other in 45 lc. They have everything done to them possible, and were my sass guns, i had 2 of each but times got gard and sold 1 of each caliber.

·
Registered
888 Posts
That's a pretty tough question, but I reckon after all is said and done, I'd have to pick this Ruger:

It's a New Model Super Blackhawk, case colored by Doug Turnbull, rosewood grips by Lett, and a Millett Rear sight.

Or it might be this one, which is with me daily:

It's an old Three Screw .357 Magnum Blackhawk, converted to .44 Special by Dave Clements, case colored by Doug Turnbull, walnut grips by CaryC.

This one is my daily carry gun.

Bob Wright

1 - 20 of 48 Posts