What is the cheapest shotgun you can get?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by dboy007, Jul 18, 2013.

1. dboy007

dboy007 New Member

I'm looking to get a shotgun for a 100 dollars or less what is the cheapest I can get one online

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Better off going to gun shops or pawn shops and looking at used single shots. H&R, NEF, Rossi, etc.

You could check gunbroker but by the time you get shipping and transfer fees figured at your dealer, you're going to be over $100 most likely.

4. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have seen several used single shots lately for $90-$100. One was at a pawn shop. The other was at Cabelas. They were both 20 gauge.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

my two least expensive shotguns bought used were my Maverick 88 that i paid about $125 for and my Mossberg 385T that i paid $110 for. both were in very good condition.

6. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

If you are willing to go used there are some decent single shots and old bolt actions on armslist. 2 years ago, I ran across a Mossberg 185-ka for $75 dollars. Didn't buy it, but i had a friend who was looking for one, so I sent an e-mail to him and he picked it up. Under $100, look into some of the old stevens singles, Mossberg and J.C. Higgins bolt guns. Check out your LGS and pawn shops. At your LGS, ask if they take trade-ins. If they do, you may be able to find something both funtional and cheap that is a little on the ugly side. Even if it ain't pretty, pick it up if it is functionally sound. You can always refinish it later if the urge strikes.

7. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

385T. Is that the one with the fixed choke? If so, the first 20 gauge I ever shot was the same make and model. I remember it was a 385, just can't remember the letter.

8. dboy007

dboy007 New Member

Thanks very much

9. cottontop

cottontop Guest

How about this question: What is the difference between the shotgun forum and the rifle forum?
    ct

10. dboy007

dboy007 New Member

The diffrence is that they are both guns

11. LongBarrelTac

LongBarrelTac New Member

For under $100 I would have a gunsmith check it out to make sure the first shot doesn't end in a fatality

12. hq357

hq357 New Member

I would first of all start off with a 22lr. then gain some knowledge first and then work your way up. I know how it is being young and trying to learn about guns and all but your never really gonna learn until you do some research on your own and then come ask questions about the research you just did. with 100$ you can probably get yourself a homemade illegal ghetto blaster made with plumbing pipes not recomended. or maybe a beat up used shotgun from a pawn shop or something id first get a 22lr tho as my first gun

13. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

I think he should stick with his first thought of full auto ak? Seems like a perfect first gun to me.

14. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

But you do understand the difference, right?

Why do you want a cheap shotgun? Why not a cheap rifle? Why post about a shotgun in a rifle section when there is a shotgun section?

CT has a point.

15. cottontop

cottontop Guest

A forum is a gun? I didn't know that.
    ct

16. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

H&R makes the Pardner pump shotgun. You can get those for close to $200 new and online. You will have to go used to find cheaper.

17. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

dboy - I think a very important question is why do you want the cheapest shotgun and why do you need to get it online?

My recommendation is to save up a few bucks and go to your LGS and buy a reliable shotgun that you have had a chance to check out and have the LGS check it out also!

18. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

+1. You have what--three more days until you are 18? Be patient. Head
    on down to the local gun shops and see what they have. If they don't
    have what you want now, keep checking once a week or so. Be friendly,
    listen, and don't try to impress the nice people with your vast gun knowledge.

19. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I have an older H&R Topper 16 gauge that was got in a trade for about 100 bucks. I see them around the pawn shops and gunbroker. Your best bet is to check around pawn shops. They get older used guns in all the time.

Come to think of it I have never shot that thing. :eek: I'll be back in a few minutes...

20. LongBarrelTac

LongBarrelTac New Member

Or you could do what I did at 18, spend a good chunk of change buying a 9mm(Or whatever) hand gun with whatever attachments you want like pistol grip etc, maybe even get it engraved, you know make it your own, like I did then make it your partner, always by your side haha. But sure as hell makes lines move quicker in stores when you're wearing like 5.11's, boots, and have a holstered hand gun. ;D