What Is The Best Page(s) To Buy A Gun Online?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by BearArms2, Dec 24, 2011.

1. BearArms2

BearArms2 New Member

Hello all, I have been doing some research and noticed that there are some online web pages that sell guns (often at a great price)....the way I understand how this works -- I buy the guy on the web page, they ship it to a store that will agree to accept the shipment, and then that store gets $20-$40 (usually) on top of the price.

I was wondering if anyone out there had a web page(s) that they could offer -- a page that they know can be trusted, and ideally, a page that offers very good discounts on pistols.

Any information that can be offered would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you in advance.
    Have a Merry Christmas!

2. vincent

vincent New Member

3. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

I've had good luck with Bud's also.

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Buds and Impact have been good to me for handguns...various other places have been great for longarms and shotguns. It all depeends on availability and reputation...many vendors listed here are extremely reputable it just depends on whether they have what you are looking for.

As far as shipping, Federal law requires that any interstate gun sale be conducted through a licensed dealer, i.e. FFL. Many online dealers will maintain a listing of FFLs that they have worked with in the past...otherwise it is up to you to contact your dealer and arrange the exchange of licenses before the item will be shipped. Fees vary by state and locale but generally expect to pay between $40 and $100 plus about $16 for the mandatory NICS check. The NICS is non-negotiable but take the transfer fee into consideration when deciding between an online purchase over buying direct from the local gun shop. Although the local guy can't always compete against a bigger company on price alone, the intangibles may be a better bargain in the long run.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

+1 for buds and impact

6. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Gt Distributors is a excellent company as well. Google said name.

7. shootitout

shootitout New Member

Aim surplus is more an online store but great deals on ammo I got a mosin and 880 rounds for 215$ a few months ago so im a fan.

8. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

I intend on ordering my next Glock from GT Distributors. They have great LE prices and if I understand correctly, I can have it sent to my department. Any other LEO's out there that can tell me about this?

9. BearArms2

BearArms2 New Member

can ammo be shipped to a house, or must it be shipped to an FFL too? is the markup any less or do they still charge about $40?!?
    Thanks!

10. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Ammo can be shipped to your house

11. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

USMC-03. Im not LEO but I used my military discount there on my G31. As far as I know they will ship it to your dept. I have yet to see anyone beat their price on Glocks, They have pretty good ammo prices as well.

12. ckwing13

ckwing13 New Member

+2 for Buds Guns :)

13. vincent

vincent New Member

$40-$100!?!? :eek: WOW! My LGS is only $25 for FFL transfer, no NICS fee...I guess that's Jersey for ya...

14. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Yep, funny thing about New Jersey, the permitting process takes so damn long no stores really have any inventory since no one can just decide they need a new gun and go buy one...90% of all gun sales are transfers of online purchases, the transfer fee is the main revenue driver for many Mom and Pop shops.

15. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I like Davidson's. They advertise to ship within 48 hours, but in the (4) I've bought from them, they shipped the next day. They send you an order acknowledgemet & when it is ready to ship, a notice of shipment with a tracking number.

The part I like is using their Gun Genie, you put in your zip code & find the firearm you want. If they show it in stock, select "Choose", then "Instant Quote" & it will post all dealers in a 25 mile radius of you. You can widen the search to 50 & 100 miles. Each dealer will show quoted price, freight, taxes, etc. for a totl OTD price. "Accept" the one you want & use a credit card for a "Deposit". The balance is due when you pick it up. They will not always be the cheapest, but adding freight & FFL charges to othe sites' prices will make them close.

I like the idea of doing business with a local store. A good relationship with a dealer is invaluable. Mine has helped me trouble shoot pistols with feeding problems, even though they didn't sell them. Also, Davidson's provides a 100% lifetime guarantee to replace any defective firearm. If they do not have a replacement, they will forward it to the manufacturer/warranty shop for repairs.

Here's a link to their Gun Genie.

www.galleryofguns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com

16. gwk4667

gwk4667 New Member

I like slickguns.com - - - free shipping over $100.00 my LGS will transfer for $10.00 if I give them the chance to match online prices.

I always tell them I will give 10% over online price as I like to deal locally!

17. Nathancwitdat10milli

Nathancwitdat10milli New Member

Cheaperthandirt or buds gun shop. If u ever in Kentucky hit the actual buds store up. Great place.

18. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Paying that 10% will possibly pay off some day. I like Davidson's, but even though buying from them gives the business to a local, I always shop local first & if I find what I'm looking for, I don't even look at Davidsons.