What is the best name for a new gun shop?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by tts, Oct 26, 2011.

What is the best name for a new gun shop?

Poll closed Nov 25, 2011.
  1. Gun Gorilla (gungorilla.com)

80.0%
  2. T&S Firearms (tsfirearms.com)

20.0%
  1. tts

tts New Member

I'm opening a new gun shop (primarily Internet sales) and would love to get your thoughts on a few names. I've been thinking about this for so long that it's hard to tell.

==Gun Gorilla==

Pros: Numerous marketing opportunities, memorable (people won't forget), appeals to younger crowd, fun/catchy

Cons: Lack of seriousness (guns are a touchy subject), might bring bad PR, uses "guns" instead of "firearms" (more professional?)

==T&S Firearms==

Pros: Professional, serious, trustworthy, uses initials (common to name shop after owners), appeals to older crowd, uses "firearms" (less of a negative connotation?)

Cons: Hard to remember/market, not as fun/catchy

The two websites would be gungorilla.com and tsfirearms.com + tandsfirarms.com, respectively.

Which of the two names above to you like/trust more and why? Thanks :)

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I like gungorilla because it is unique. There are so many shops out there with initials and firearms in the name and gungorrilla allows you to stand out from the others.

3. bkt

bkt New Member

I would have said The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms but apparently that name is already taken.

4. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Why not T&S Gorilla? The local shop I work at doesn't include firearms or guns in it's name.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

The yellow pages or the the talking phone book has everything listed alphabetically.

ABG (A Better Gunshop).

6. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Great idea!

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Did you ever own a liquor store? :p

I voted for the Gorilla-themed shop. Animals make names memorable. Now something like "Bear Arms" would be a bit much.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

DUDE! Who uses Yellow Pages? (well, I do- as an improvised bullet trap for .22)

9. bkt

bkt New Member

Yeah, me too.

10. Hinermad

Hinermad New Member

I like Gun Gorilla. It sticks out, and professionalism is overrated sometimes. (grin)

Or do both. Have a brick & mortar storefront that's T&S Firearms, but d.b.a Gun Gorilla online. There's an ammo supplier who does that - they have about six different web sites of different names, but they all belong to one company. Registering a d.b.a name doesn't usually cost very much - I think it's $10 here in New York, or $25 if you want exclusive use of the name.

By the way, if you haven't already, you might want to register those domain names ASAP, before someone else grabs them so they can extort a "holding fee" from you.

Dave

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Best of both worlds:

Gorilla Firearms

12. countryboy

countryboy New Member

How about "locks, stocks, and two smoking barrels"? It's catchy, doesn't say firearms directly, and could appeal to older and younger.

EXPENDABLE

13. OC357

OC357 New Member

I voted for T&S because it just sounds more professional but that's just me in the minority as usual...

OC

14. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

15. OC357

OC357 New Member

I like that one.......

OC

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive always thought opening a small retail do it all location called the BATF Shopping Center. Barbecue Alcohol Tobacco and FireArms. one stop shop for everything good. barbecue joint next to higher end alcohol shop next to a high end cigar and tobacconist shop with a gun store and indoor range batting cleanup. never had the capital to get it off the ground or the location.

if someone wants the idea there it is

if you do use the idea and get it going at least get me a coupon for a range pass and a barbecue lunch...

17. Vincine

Vincine New Member

'The Big BANG'
    'Get Fired',
    'Hot Shots'
    'The Chamber'
    'Stock Equipment'
    'The Round House'

(?)

(I'll stop now. ;))

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  18. jgad1234

jgad1234 New Member

Call it The Boom Stick. Boomsticks.com

19. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I like gun gorilla, its easy to remember.

Just make sure that your site does not have a cheap look to it. A lot of people (like me) will usually avoid sites like that, especially with big dollar purchases. It doesn't have to be really fancy but just make sure it looks professional and organized. Just a friendly suggestion that will hopefully help you. :)

Guns R Us is also a good one :D

20. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

We have a local shop called R Guns and I think I have seen a Guns R Us. How about American Arsenal? 2 A's.