what is the best eotech site for me???

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by moneymaker17, Jul 31, 2011.

1. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

are all night vission?
    whats the best eotech pros and cons?
    anyone?
    thanks!

2. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

Well, not all of them are night compatible, if you dont have NOD's i wouldnt worry about it, second, there are not really any cons that i see, i LOVE EoTechs, so it comes down to what kinda dot you want, i have the XPS2-1 with the single mill dot because i dont like the circle. In my 2 cents they kick ***. mine ran about $540

Product: XPS2 | L-3 EOTech Holographic Weapons Systems

3. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

Are they night vision or do you have to have a NV attachment ????

4. Yunus

Yunus New Member

5. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

All the night vision mode on them does is turn the dot from red to infrared so it does not glare in your night vision goggles.

6. bluegrasstank66

bluegrasstank66 New Member

EXPS - on 7mm quick disconnect raiser i believe
    (2-0)- single dot, no NV compatible
    (2-2)- 2 dots
    (3-0)- NV compatible, 1 dot
    (3-2)- NV compatible, 2 dots
    (3-4)- NV compatible, 4 dots

XPS- no quick disconnect raiser
    "refer to above"

(2-1)- 1 dot, no circle

7. armtactical

armtactical New Member

EOTech EXPS3-0

PM sent

8. Recomm

Recomm New Member

I have an eotech 553, the same one I used in the marine corps and has been proven in the desert heat, ocean as well as being dropped and blown up in an ied blast. It has the NV setting, is submersible, and runs off of cr123a lithium batteries. My experience with the NV setting is that its basically useless unless you have a night vision attachment coupled with it. Nvg's will work but it's impossible to get a cheek weld on any rifle when using them. I favor the lithium batteries over double a's because they last longer and you have 100% of the batterie's power all through the life of the battery where a double a will dim the sight as it dies. I also prefer the circle & dot combo for close range target acquisition. Anything in that circle when, it's five yards or closer, is getting shot as well as having the dot for more precision when desired.