What is so dangerous about a pistol grip?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Merkava_4, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 New Member

Greetings and Salutations! :D

I've been studying the California Penal Code 12276.1 and while I can understand a detachable magazine being a threat to the Police since you can change magazines real quick -- I for the life of me can't understand what is so threatening about a pistol grip and a forward pistol grip. You guys have any ideas? :confused:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Don't bother trying to understand it. Just accept it and move along.

3. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

It is simple; a pistol grip, makes an acceptable firearm, a crazy, outlaw, killer, nasty, weapon of mass destruction. I can't believe you didn't know that.....................

4. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 New Member

Just accept it and move along? I'm thinking that's the problem with most of the people in this country; they're willing to accept anything the big Government hands down to them and keep on going about their daily lives. They are what's termed "sheeple."

5. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

What Mountain Man was saying is very little of what Kommiefornia does makes sense. You live there, fight it!! It won't help though. Most of us avoid the left coast for a reason. It is your States gov't, your elected officials.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

You see evidence that the politicos have outlawed something based on its looks.

As far as danger and effectiveness, a man armed with a single 7 shot 45 pistol and a 5 shot bolt action rifle killed 28 people in a few minutes. His name was Alvin York. He also captured 132 other people. He was awarded the Medal of Honor- WW 1.

I have seen "assault weapon" defined as "capable of accepting a bayonet". Big whoop. Has there been a rash of drive by bayonetings I missed?

Politicians have aides that research how laws should be worded that the politicians then inroduce and vote on. It has been shown that in many cases they have no idea what a phrase or term means. But it makes everyone FEEL good- even tho it is as useless as a tuba on a skateboard.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

Its not because it isthreatening to police. It is because it is on a firearm. Firearms are a threat to every evil entity out there as they are meant to be used to overthrow tyranny and restore freedom.

The reason liberals fear firearms is because they cannot control people who own them. How can liberal dictatorships and death camps be setup if the victims own guns??

Why else did hitler disarm people before he started. He was a liberal as well. Everything hitler believed and did was lockstep with liberalism. Govt run everything from industry to healthcare.

Guns are a threat to dictators not police. Since california cant just get rid of guns because of that pesky second ammendment the libs are making gun parts into demons. Boil a frog slowly by turning the heatup gradually he will stay in the pot.

8. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 New Member

Here's an example of what's considered legal in California. Notice that neither
    one of them have pistol grips. How would you guys like to settle for these?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

There is a reason i refuse to live there or illinoise and you have illustrated it.

10. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

As others have said, the feature if a pistol grip or a collapsible stock, or a flash hider doesn't make the firearm any more dangerous. The reason that those features were included in the law is because it fits the agenda of the politicians who were allowed to enact the law, and continue to get reelected.

It is a bit late to ask for reason to be applied to that law after it had been put in place. Get rid of the liberal voters, get rid if the liberal politicians, get every gun owner or person who believes in the individual rights if the constitution to leave the state and bankrupt it. Try to sway opinion and repeal the law. Or move. These are pretty much your choices for fighting it. Or stay and take it as it stands.

11. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Those mutations are clear evidence that there is something in the water in CA. ;)
    "Assault Rifle" is a made up term created by liberal bed wetters who need a scared & ignorant public in order maintain their hold on power. Lord knows that judging them on their economic savvy won't do it. Hell, any rifle can be used in an assault.
    Your first mistake is trying to apply logic to madness...er I mean liberal policy.

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

I would actually like to have that second one just because it's so damned interesting. And ugly.

I would also point out that it does NOTHING to change the functionality of that rifle, thereby making it a moot law.

13. AsSeenOnTV

AsSeenOnTV New Member

Keep the liberals there, they made their beds, now make them sleep in it. Too often they even get fed up with it, and move on to other states and then continue to vote for more liberal agenda. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

14. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Kuz its.......EVIL!

15. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

The pistol grip and bayonet lug make it look "Military."

That's the reason.

16. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

The bayonet, pistol grip, threaded barrel and detachable magazine are words that the Feinstein type want to use to equate your fire-arms with Full Auto Military versions.

If the dems can conjure up a visions of a drug-crazed, bullet spewin' machine gun battle, then they have leverage with the un-informed.
    Once passed, these are accepted as bad things, and then the liberal dems can continue on to other things such 'Deadly Sniper Rifles"

If you are not familiar with "Deadly Sniper Rifles" these are usually ACCURATE, bolt action rifles, with High Power SCOPES, chambered in a POWERFUL round such as 30-06 or .308, capable of hitting targets well out to 200 yds or more.

I actually have a picture of one of those "Deadly Sniper Rifles"

[​IMG]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rifle

Notice the clever wording "hunting" to try to throw off the libs. but they pretty damn smart them libs.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  17. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

The libs are stupid, for lack of a better term....no wait they are just stupid. Ever seen the YouTube video of the pro gun reporter questioning the lib politician about thier gun laws? He asked why they sought to ban barrel shrouds, he also asked her if she knew what one was and her answer was, "It's the thing that goes up to the shoulder!". What a bunch of idiots. The reporter laughed at her and said no its not.

California and Illinois laws make no sense, because they are written by d'bags that don't understand firearms and don't care to understand them.

18. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Bottom line is that it's not about reason. Most laws in the liberal agenda are based on emotion and not reason.

19. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Michael Savage said it best, "liberalism is a mental disorder"... He's right!

20. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I have yet to figure out a reason for banning a flash hider except ignorance. I can only guess they think the flash hider makes the gun invisible at night.