What is it?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Harley_Guy, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Harley_Guy

Harley_Guy New Member

I have an item that I would like to know what it is. It is a double container. Both ends are the same saze. It is 5" X 2 1/2". It has a cap on each end, and one cap is another small container. It OD green, so am assuming it's military. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Not sure what the smaller container looks like...does it have a wick of some sort? Item looks like it could be some sort of portable stove.

3. opaww

opaww New Member

Looks like an early say around WW1 filter for a gas mask, but I may be wrong

4. Harley_Guy

Harley_Guy New Member

The small container is part of one of the end caps. As you can see from the picture, the (cap) container has a push in lid. The kind that you pry out. It is 5/8" deep. Both main caps are 2" in dia. The Main or larger container is divided into two equal parts 2 1/2" deep. There are no holes that would allow passage from one container to the other, so don't see how it could function as a filter.

My best guess is that it contained three parts of something that needed to be mixed together for some purpose. The two main compartments containing the bulk material, and the smaller cap compartment containing the catalyst. Just a guess.

5. steve666

steve666 New Member

Cleaning solvent on one end and gun oil on the other.

6. Harley_Guy

Harley_Guy New Member

What would the cap container be for? It's not all that big, so cleaning rags would be out of the question. That would be allot of oil and solvent. We didn't have anything like that in Nam, just whatever we could get our hands on to clean it up enough to keep shooting.

7. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

Do you have teenagers? Looks like a bong I made in high school.

8. Harley_Guy

Harley_Guy New Member

Well, it's looking like no one has any idea what the heck it really is, but thanks for the interesting guesses. Perhaps another web site will supply the answer.

9. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Daggle, I was going to say hash pipe. Thanks for the laugh.

10. ChadCollins

ChadCollins New Member