What is going on?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by HM2Grunt, Dec 24, 2012.

1. HM2Grunt

HM2Grunt New Member

Kids, and now four fire fighters are ambushed in NY. What the hell is happening to our country?

2. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

we have always had shootings like this the difference now the media is trying to help our government disarm us and is making a big deal about every single shooting that happens.

3. heymatthew

heymatthew New Member

^^^ this ^^^

4. redscho

redscho New Member

Dos this not remind us of rise of another tin horn dictator in the 1930's that used his controlled media to help him achieve his objectives. Once he had the "gun problem" taken care off he was on his way.

5. heymatthew

heymatthew New Member

I think the Media in this country is our greatest problem. If they wouldn't sensationalize these tragedies with their round-the-clock news coverage, inaccurate reporting and over-the-top headlines (ie, "Worst Shooting in US History"), people wouldn't strive to be the next big thing in the media. They're essentially challenging these sick-o's to a pissing contest.

And everyone knows that the media is horribly biased to the left or at least to their own ratings (I don't care what network you're talking about, I think they're all bad for us) so the Anti-Gunners are eating up the extra news coverage.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Anti-Gun community didn't launch some of these kinds of attacks themselves to prove a point. Ever seen "The Life of David Gale"? Yeah. It's a movie, but a damn fine plot and I wouldn't put it past the idiot Lefty extremists to "sacrifice" one of their own to make a point about the danger of guns.

Guess that makes me the nut, doesn't it?

6. GatorDude

GatorDude New Member

These nutcase shooters are providing excuses every day that may be used to take our rights away. The shooter was a convicted felon who was out of prison after serving a 17-year sentence for killing his grandmother. He couldn't legally own a gun and he's a danged good argument for the Death Penalty.

BTW, Google images for that weirdo: William Spengler. He's a really good example of who NOT to sell a gun to in a private sale. That's for sure! Every one of these shooters looks like a freak.

7. TNFrank

TNFrank New Member

Ditto, the majority of these cases involve people who could not legally own a firearm and the shootings took place in areas where firearms were totally restricted, i.e. "Gun Free Zones" and only goes to make OUR case stronger as to why law abiding citizens should have the Right to carry and why Gun Free Zones should be done away with.

8. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I don't dispute the medias intentions. However, these mass shootings have been worse this year than other years.

9. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I don't think the anti-gun folks are motivated by delight at taking away our second amendment rights as is too often how they are characterized, these folks are just plain afraid, don't believe they can defend themselves and depend on government agencies to provide them timely security. The real issue I have isn't personal, I just think they are wrong. Cops where I live have a response time to my neighborhood averaging 9 to 10 minutes. Enough said.

10. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

No conspiracy needed. The media has been highlighting these killing and making a big deal of them. Blowing it out of proportion is not an understatement.

Other mentally ill individuals are watching the news and thinking "Yeah, I'll do that. It got the other guy famous."

It's one thing to report the news, it's another to overblow some of these tragedies. Report the facts, but don't write primers for future mass murderers.

Not a conspiracy, just irresponsibility.

11. HM2Grunt

HM2Grunt New Member

CrazedJava I will have to stand with Penn Gillette on this one. You have to show some evidence that the mentally ill should be stigmatized. All of them should not be all classed, as wanting to commit atrocities so as to become famous like "the other guy".

You are right on about the MEDIA!

12. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

I think it has something to do with the state of this country/sign of the times...it seems as if no one cares for anyone...no morals...nothing. Nothing, except hate and misery abounds everywhere. Sorry to sound like a downer on this, but that's my take on things.

Oh yeah, and one more thing...the liberal media sucks!!

13. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 New Member

What's going on is the liberal media is reporting any kind of gun incident they can so they can further their agenda of total population disarmament.

14. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

I strongly advocate armed teachers, many people think that's crazy but once these people get into schools there is only one way to stop them,for those who disagree with me I'm sorry I just don't want children to be hurt.

15. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Armed teachers is not a good idea. They are there to teach not be guards. Lets not forget that they are not trained in the protection aspect. I happen to like the idea of putting our guys and girls exiting the military in the schools. Give them a psyc eval, train them for their new jobs, and hope and pray they aren't ever really needed.

16. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

If teachers already carry concealed and are willing to carry at school, I think it should be allowed. If ex-military go to college to be a teacher to teach then yes that's great, but not just anyone can be a teacher. It actually is an art form and the kids getting a top notch education is important. I think hiring ex military to work as armed security at schools would be a strong deterrent to idiots coming in. Put one or two in each building. It would help employ troops when they come home and teach kids to take pride in our country.

17. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

It seems much easier than it is, what if the shooter kills the guard, they can then proceed to go into different rooms, where as if when the first shot is fired every teacher can have there kids hide in the corner and then aim the gun at the door in case the shooter comes into their room, I also like the idea of someone having to be allowed in by the school for the door to be unlocked.

18. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

I wasn't saying for the ex military to be the teachers, but rather the deterrent.

19. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Gotcha. I completely agree.

20. HM2Grunt

HM2Grunt New Member

Do schools, these days, have metal detectors at the main doors, and are all other ways into the schools secured, (I don't mean locked, that would not be good in a fire), during the time the school is occupied?

How could you protect kids that are bunching up in front of school waiting to get in, or waiting to get on the bus. How would armed teachers be able to contend with a shooter who would choose to attack lined up students "Iraqi-style" as accessible "soft targets" outside the school?

I am in favor of "a good guy with a gun" in the school, and I don't know what else to do, but what would the logistics have to be; How many armed "good guys" would there be? How would you connect them with communications so they could rapidly respond to a situation?

Will they be under procedural control, or free lancers? Will they be require to pass scheduled weapons qualification.? Weapons retention?(there are troubled youth that could become threats) Are the weapons secured in the school when it is closed, or do they go home with the "Good guys" and for accountability to concerned parents, will the administrator know exactly how many guns are in his school when students are present.

I say again, I am not against this idea, but it will need to be thought out some more than just teachers "going packed" Building design, pedestrian traffic flow patterns in and out, bullet proof windows. Not all schools could implement plans like this.

There should be a way to recognize an armed threat,(metal detector?) and the through structural design,(an atrium that could be locked-down) to contain the threat individual away from the students until law enforcement comes, or the cretin shoots himself