What is better, a shot gun or a rifle?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Evil_Angel, May 2, 2013.

1. Shot gun

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Rifle

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Evil_Angel

Evil_Angel New Member

Which do you think is a more versatile gun, usefull in more situations that the other?

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

When you put it that way.
    Shotgun.

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Shotgun, can take squirrels, rabbits, fowl, deer, feral swine, etc.

Also good medicine for bears, varmints, predators, goblins and zombies.

4. Evil_Angel

Evil_Angel New Member

Goblins and zombies?

5. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

For all around social work, I prefer a modern sporting rifle such as the "assault rifle" derivatives available today.
    That is my primary focus.. in a pinch i can hunt with them too.

6. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Shotgun! For 4 legged critters, a rifle and a shotgun are equals in many cases, 2 legged, 2 winged critters offer challenges that only the very best riflemen can be successful harvesting!

Versatility is a modern pump or semi-auto shotguns forte!

7. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

For what?

And if a shotgun is 'best' why don't the US military as well as IDF, and others use them as their main battle weapon?

Soooo, best for what?

8. sc00ts

sc00ts New Member

He said as far as versatility.

I agree shotguns are more versatile, due to variety of loads available. It's nothing to sneeze at that you can take on just about anything >100yrds with a shotgun.

9. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

rifles are designed to engage the enemy way before they are upon you. rifles can blast thru buildings and armor. they can shoot planes with them. rifles are designed for all phases of war.
    shotguns are for in close and personal.

shotguns can shoot bullets.
    rifles cant.

"why dont the u.s military"........what a riot. the military has every weapon know to man! and they have something you dont.
    they have 1 million men and women to man each one. so it doesnt matter if they dont issue one to every soldier or sailor. if and when they need them, all they need to do is order them in, and the service member comes with them.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  10. Evil_Angel

Evil_Angel New Member

Best all around. Whatever you get more use out of.
    And they don't use shotguns 'cuz they have little range.

11. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Oh but they do use them, just not in large numbers.

12. TimKS

TimKS Active Member Lifetime Supporter

They ain't worth a damn for nailing that sniper 300 yds. out. :D

13. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Odd tell that to the Marines that served on my ship, they carried shotguns when we were doing missile moves to the boomers.

14. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Shotgun I suppose. If I had to have one or the other for everything I guess that would be best. I like to have both though I know that.

15. Evil_Angel

Evil_Angel New Member

That sounds a little dangerous, don't it? Get one retard playing around and he could kill everyone.

16. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Nah the Marines on most submarine tenders understood the risks, the missile containers were less likely to be damaged by a shotgun than a M16, to be honest I was more afraid of the swinging dick Bosun Mates that were running the cranes, they pulled one guy out of his crane when they found him smoking pot during a missile evolution.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  17. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

A modern sporting rifle is more versatile. It is still good at close range ( tho not as good as a shot gun at extreme short range.. but misses in thos esituations anyway?) and excels at longer ranges.

The current magazine fed, modern issue rifle is the distillations of generations of hard won combat experience.
    So if conflict is the primary conern you want somehting that resembles general issue as close as possible.

Shot gun do have a good number of niche applications in the military as well such as onboard ships where over penetration is a huuuge concern and due to the restricted nature of the beast close quarters is your only concern.

But that does not detract from the modern rifle.

18. Evil_Angel

Evil_Angel New Member

Oh... did he get the crap beat out of em?

19. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

He may have fallen down several ladders on his way to our ship's brig, last I heard (mind you this was 30 years ago), he was doing some time in the brig at Norfolk (I think).

20. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Retards go into politics, the smart ones join the military.