What is best gun for Lady?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by GunGal, May 24, 2011.

1. GunGal

GunGal New Member

What would be the best gun for a lady for concealed carry in Florida. The weight would need to be as light as possible but still want power.

2. General_lee

General_lee New Member

It depends on what feels good to you, where you will be carrying (purse, waistband, etc.), and how much power you're talking about.

Keltec makes some good compact 9mm pistols such as the PF9 and the P11.

The first thing I would do is go to a gun shop and put a few different ones in your hand and see what feels good.

3. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member

This was the best thing I did. I even went shooting with some of my friends and shot what they had so I knew what I liked to shoot. I got a Ruger SR9C to carry and I love it. a lot of ranges will have guns you can rent, you could try that also.

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Nighthawk 1911 9mm. :cool:

5. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Ruger LCP or LCR. You can hide those things ANYWHERE haha.

6. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Define Lady please....

7. steve666

steve666 New Member

Check out your local gun shop. And go to your local range, there will be guys there falling all over themselves to let you try their guns!!!

8. orangello

orangello New Member

If you have the money, the little Kahr's are tiny and have a good reputation. I held a littl PM40 & it was tiny.

9. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

My wife can conceal a Glock 19 in a rear holster. She's all of 120lbs and with a light shirt over a t-shirt it's tough to see. The G19 is a bit large though.

I'm picking up a CZ 83 in .380 for her this week. It also carries very well and is considerably smaller than the G19.

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

With so many choices (like the Kimber Solo, etc....), the thing to do is try as many as possible.

11. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

You can't go wrong with a Ruger LCP 380. Dependable, compact, light, concealable, accurate, and potent.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McLEiRJbjpY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪Ruger LCP .380‬‏[/ame]

12. orangello

orangello New Member

Is the CZ83 alloy-framed? Have you compared to the Bersa Thunder .380? I bought one & loved it until my sister took it for her own. They have a nice flat nickel finish and aren't very heavy or expensive (~$300).

Did you seriously just put your wife's weight on the interwebz? :p

13. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Hehe..
    Check out this post:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/walther-ppks-vs-bersa-thunder-380-a-42583/

I actually ordered both :) The Bersa was backordered from ImpactGuns however, but they say it should ship within 8 weeks.

And regarding the weight thing.. Ssshhhhhh...

14. orangello

orangello New Member

^^^ Good call!

To the lady of the thread, try somebuddy's Bersa to see if a cheap thrill is good enough for you. I will pick up another one at some point.

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Hands down, The Elsie Ahrrrr in .357 mag!

THE BEST S. Florida summer carry! (Trust me on this one.)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

I agree with Cane, I think.

I thought the LCR in .357 would be the ticket for my wife because of the light weight and being hammerless, but when we went to look at them she said she wants a hammer. I don't agree with that for CC (for her) but it's up to her.

So we're looking at the S&W LadySmith. I've got to say, if she is honestly willing to pack it around (ALL THE TIME) and deal with a spur on the back of the gun, it's the one I'd buy for myself. I WANT the weight if I'm shooting a snubby, and the weight would benefit her even more.

Still, the LCR would be a GREAT choice to meet the OP's requirement for light weight and knock down power...much better choice than the LCP, if the OP can conceal it.

17. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member

My next gun is going to be either a Lady Smith or an LCR. I agree you should definitely check them out.

18. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

19. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Like others have said, you have to try different guns. Since you're in the Orlando area, I'd recommend going to the gun show and check out as many as you can. Do not feel pressured to buy at the show! Just handle as many as you can.
    I don't know your body size, but you might want to look at .380's and 9mm's to start. You'll find a lot of options in size and weight.
    Also look for ranges in the area where you can rent different guns and shoot a variety. Find what's comforatable for you.
    Look at buying your first gun as an adventure, not something that merely needs to be done.

20. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

It even comes in Rasberry.:D