Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to decide on which commander size 1911 I want .. I read and looked at many and I keep lusting over the colt xse,
So I need advice on what you guys have and i look forward to hearing everyone's Opinion....

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I know Cane on here has an absolute beautiful colt commander by Wiley clapp........

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kytowboater said:
I know Cane on here has an absolute beautiful colt commander by Wiley clapp........
Yes I saw those but I can't get one of those at any of my LGS ... I wanted a SA loaded champion but finally gave up on getting one of those also..

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Colt is the best out there when it comes to 1911. Springfield is second.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
steadyshot said:
Have you tried looking online?
Yes I looked but I try not to buy a firearm online no more after my bad experience I had.. Very disappointed ..

·
Retired
13,623 Posts
Check with Les Baer. I hear he has a .38Super you may be interested in.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
danf_fl said:
Check with Les Baer. I hear he has a .38Super you may be interested in.
Thanks but I prefer .45 :). And yes I have been checking them out

·
Banned
0 Posts
even as much as i like my American Classic Commander, BTW, excellent pistol, great price and decently accurate, it's still not a Colt. if you can afford it, go for the Colt.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
axxe55 said:
even as much as i like my American Classic Commander, BTW, excellent pistol, great price and decently accurate, it's still not a Colt. if you can afford it, go for the Colt.
Yes price doesn't bother to much I just want a dependable commander size 1911 without going after a custom one... I keep reading & researching and keep going back to the colt xse commander it just seems to suit me

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
limbkiller said:
Then get it.
Well I thought I get options for I purchase I own SA's and sick of waiting on the SA champion so that's main reason I want to to try something different and I know me when I get the colt there be many to follow lol

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Dan Wesson V-Bob (Steel frame) or Guardian (Alloy frame).

·
Banned
0 Posts
Yes price doesn't bother to much I just want a dependable commander size 1911 without going after a custom one... I keep reading & researching and keep going back to the colt xse commander it just seems to suit me
Then get it.
Well I thought I get options for I purchase I own SA's and sick of waiting on the SA champion so that's main reason I want to to try something different and I know me when I get the colt there be many to follow lol
best suggestion, get the XSE now and the SA Champion later!:D

see problem solved! i like solving problems!:D

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
If you want the best, you'll have to pay. What you want is a Dan Wesson! Then if you really want the trump card, you get a Dan Wesson in 10mm!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
axxe55 said:
best suggestion, get the XSE now and the SA Champion later!:D

see problem solved! i like solving problems!:D
That's probably what I will do plus add the government xse ..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Olympus said:
If you want the best, you'll have to pay. What you want is a Dan Wesson! Then if you really want the trump card, you get a Dan Wesson in 10mm!
That's very nice..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
limbkiller said:
Been some good things said about the new Ruger. Ya might check them out if ya can find one.
Commander size Ruger isn't available yet it just was announced

1 - 20 of 91 Posts