what is America?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by shootitout, Jun 19, 2012.

1. shootitout

shootitout New Member

To me America is just as much an idea as it is a county what is it to you?

2. KalashnikovBlood

KalashnikovBlood New Member

I agree, I also thought it would be a place to start a new. I heard a lot about the southern hospitality, but when I first got here I received the opposite until they started to accept me. America is a nice place in some parts.

3. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Unfortunatley i can agree that not all america is all that nice and nor the people. But what a joy when you do find REAL people that know the meaning of said hospitality. However im
    Not sure if it is getting all that better...

4. KalashnikovBlood

Too true ZB.

5. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

It's the land of lawyers

6. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

The America I grew up in is gone. Once known as the '...land of the free and home of the brave.'
    It's become financially "... land of the fee and home of the slave." :mad:

7. KalashnikovBlood

I like the word play, we need to get Obama out of office his idiocy annoys the hell out of me. We also need this Obamacare repealed. IMHO

8. shootitout

shootitout New Member

If you think the country has gone far down hill now wight till he get reelected and has nothing to worry about then America really will be an idea in a history book about a once great country:(

9. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Pride and prejudice........

During world war two, and after the defeat of Japan, This was America at its best. People pulled together, now its a tug of war.......:mad:

10. KalashnikovBlood

If anyone here is a fan of Falling Skies, look at what they came from the same tug of war that we are in now and later they conjoined hands and acted as one. Similar to America after the defeat of Japan. I'm sorry for the random attempt at a link between a fictional show and reality.

11. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

It is still a land of opportunity, but less people all the time take advantage of that opportunity. Too much corporate b.s. spoils what was once enjoyable. Money runs this country, while the will of the people is put second to profit. The middle class is constantly shrinking, which in my opinion is the gravest threat to freedom we face.

12. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

The ability to be yourself however you may define it.

13. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Define......

Yea, but there is allways some one lookin to chit in your cornflakes, so I guess colt tried to put a stop to that....:eek: :D..

14. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Too many people 44% are living off some one elses "Milk And Honey".This is a Capitalist country we are not a communist nation. Yes profit drives this machine. It is profit that pays for all these folks to set on thier butts and whine about the unfair system. If you think it is unfair OK. But if you did not prepare yourself to live in a capitalist country I do not owe you a Damn thing.:(

15. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Here DK....

Attached Files:

16. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

It's called FREEDOM. We are free to decide our future. The glass is either half full or half empty, it is up to you. That is the issue worth fighting for, the reason I support our military.

17. shootitout

shootitout New Member

I think an article I read described it very well. An Indian moved to NYC from India he was worth nothing had nothing but he worked triple overtime in a tole booth on a bridge everyday and maid 54 thousand last year and now he can go to collage.
    If we would all work as hard as him Chinas economy wouldn't touch us ever but only some do

18. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yea, because so many are so damned spoiled in this country it is sickening.