Firearms Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into getting a P.S.A. Ar15 but now since this crazy *** obama guy starts scaring my fellow gun owners firearm prices have gone way up! Even the ak type rifles are now in the 1000's$!!! What is a good semi auto rifle that is chambered for a popular type of cartridge? 223/556, 762x39 ect

·
Registered
11 Posts
I really don't know anything right now for under $900 in those calibers. You might be able to find a Mini 14 for $900 +, but the problem is finding one. My advice would to be just hang on to your cash and wait a few months. Good chance the prices might drop some.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It can be any caliber as long as it's semi auto and reliable and able to take down a deer if i had to id like to have fun in the dessert and be able to own one before they ban all semi autos with magazines is there anything under 900$?

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
If you have any good sources who can privide you a reasoanable deal on a lower ($300 or less), it absolutely can be done for under a $1K. But it may require some effort, waiting lists, email alerts, checking inventory constantly, etc.

Also, I still see new Mini-14s around here on the shelves for $750 or so.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking into an sks but people are now asking 600$ - 850$ if prices were to go back to normal i would feel foolish if i bought a gun that was originaly supposed to be 500$ or less

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
hq357 said:
I was looking into an sks but people are now asking 600$ - 850$ if prices were to go back to normal i would feel foolish if i bought a gun that was originaly supposed to be 500$ or less
I'm still finding sks for under 400 buy me but ak are up in prices around 850

1 - 9 of 9 Posts