What is a good holographic scope

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by TheHunter100, Apr 16, 2012.

1. TheHunter100

TheHunter100 New Member

I want it on an ak 47 7.62x39. It has to be good for up to 150-200 yards. It also has to stay in zero from the recoil, and I want this for $200 or cheaper.

Any suggestions on a holographic scope?

2. Jkl-28

Jkl-28 New Member

You should check out ATN's red dot sights,
    I have one on my AR and it works great, you can pick from having just a dot or cross hairs or a T rediccle and it has brightness adjustments
    I bouth mine about 2 years ago and and I think I payed $120 for it then

3. ryguy00

ryguy00 New Member

I assume you're talking about a holographic sight and not so much a "scope"

If you are not looking for something with magnification, I would suggest the bsa pmrs sight. I have it on my AR and after 3000+ rounds, most of it with a slide fire stock, zero has not changed. It has 7 brightness settings to choose from, 4 reticle shapes to choose from, and the battery lasts a loooong damn time as long as you don't leave it turned on in the safe. Don't ask me how I know that part :rolleyes: My friends that have shot with it all loved it and bought their own after finding out how long it's been going without a hiccup.

Ohh, did I mention it can be had for around $50?

http://compare.ebay.com/like/310358870119?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y

No, this is not my auction. Just the cheapest I was able to find with a quick google search.

4. TheHunter100

TheHunter100 New Member

That looks great ill look into it

5. TheHunter100

TheHunter100 New Member

May I ask what caliber you use it for because from google I found reviews saying that the recoil just shut it off after shooting

6. ryguy00

ryguy00 New Member

I'm using this one on a .223. But I have another BSA red dot sight that is older. It's one of the round bodied tiny "scope" looking ones. It's just a red dot, without different reticle patterns, but I've had it on my 12 ga for turkey hunting. No problems. Ever. It is a different model than the one I recommended to you, but it is made by the same company. Granted, I've never had to rely on their products in a life or death situation, but I cannot honestly say anything bad about them from my experiences. And this is coming from a guy who has leupold and burris on my other rifles.

I do not own an AK but I have shot several of them. I do not feel that the additional recoil of the 7.62x39 will be noticed by these optics.

Then again, if you're taking it into battle, you may wanna spend more for an eotech, aimpoint, etc. But for my personal uses (non life depending) I'll buy the $50 sight and spend the rest on ammo.:D

7. MrWray

MrWray New Member

8. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

I agree, when it comes to holographic sights you can't beat EOTech. I believe the OP said he wanted something for under $200 though so unless he gets lucky EOTech is out.

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Oh my bad, i should have read more into it. :-\

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The op also said holographic and EOTech is the only true holographic sight on the market. There are a lot of sights that call themselves holographic but are reflex sights. There are some good reflex sights out there.

11. homelessguy01

homelessguy01 New Member

For 200 bucks Is my budget for optic as well. I'm going with the lucid hd7 after doing quite a bit of research on it. It's doesn't lose zero when the gun is dropped from shoulder height, has 4 reticles and also doesn't lose Zero when you change them, 1000 hour battery life, has 2 brightness options Auto or manual, with manual being the normal brightness settings on sights. Also parallax free. U can get a screw in 2x magnifier if you want. And also good for recoil seen them on 12 gauge shotguns and I believe they are rated for .308 can't remember, first thing in the morning...

Just a suggestion do a bit of research on everything!

12. ajrpara1911

ajrpara1911 New Member

I have one of the eotechs clones off of ebay payed 50 fo it works great even used on my 12g and still works great.

13. TheHunter100

TheHunter100 New Member

14. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

I would go w/ the Primary Arms Micro. I know it's not a holographic but you also said you wanted a "good" optic. W/ your budget the PA Micro is the best you're going to do.

I have tried the Lucid and it is very heavy.

15. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Vortex StrikeFire and Bushnell TRS25 are good red dot sights. Both are under $200

16. barneygoogle

barneygoogle New Member

I bought this Osprey electronic open dot sight at Fort Campbell a few years ago and although it is a little different from my EO-Tech's, it does a very good job.It has a multi-reticle function and has both red and green electronic illumination function as well as parallax function. The parallax is an unavoidable optical phenomenon where the image of the reticle and the target are in two different image planes. This phenomenon presents itself as an apparent change in the position of the reticle against the target when the shooters eye is moved significantly away from the center of the field of view. Sort of like the EO-Tech. I don't think it would cost over 2 big bills. I don't shoot this gun much , but keep it and a lot of ammo just in case of a civil war.

Attached Files: