what if?

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by powg, Dec 13, 2010.

1. powg

powg New Member

this question , say you are '' gun'' hunting what ever species of big game you hunt ...i say big game because its caliber specific . while hunting ,you see what your mind processes as a sasquatch ,bigfoot,yeti,skunk ape ...unaware of your presence the creature goes about doing and acting like an animal ....you are close to it with in 50 rds or so ...its 6-8 ft tall you guess its weight 300-500 lbs ....as your mind is racing ,what to do ,fear ,panic ,facination ,curosity ,and a whole range of other emotions converge .....what do you do ? make your presence known ....noise to get a reaction ...could attack or flee? it might kill you.or shoot it ...you could kill it or wound...it could still kill you. if you killed it you would be world famous,science could study it ,and research proves that its a ''real'' human ,and we are human /alien subspecies ... with all the notariaty good/bad ,religious ramifications God or no god ,all aspects of man turned on its head .... what if? would you kill it or let it walk...

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Let it walk. Got one in '56, meat was tough and greasy.

3. Fuzzyinline

Fuzzyinline New Member

i kept one as a pet... game warden didnt approve... had to set it free and sworn to secrecy... with a 1o,ooo dollar fine... said if i told, id be evaporated...

4. powg

powg New Member

what if

probably the best answers i'll get from the question, both were classic, hats off to your wit ...but its really not that tough if cut into small cubes ,before put in a crock-pot

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

In order for me to shoot an animal it has to be food, hides or pest control. I am not into trophies. I would take pictures if I could and let it walk unless it threatened me. I refused to kill a brown bear sow in Alaska that didnt like the runway lighting on a radar site because I did not have the money to take care of the hide and the meat would have gone to waste. I was the only one with a hunting license. I shot a moose while I was up there and 3 families shared the meat. I did get several cooked dinners out of it. At the time I was up there some of the homesteaders were really in dire straits.

6. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

I'd befriend it, walk it back to camp, get it drunk and then ask it why the eff do you gotta make so dang much noise while we're hunting, cause it would have just been my little brother!
    Never seen a Sasquatch before, but he resembles what I imagine one to look like.
    I did see a UFO once though :eek: