What If The Models Were Wrong

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Gatoragn, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Probably worked for NYC but it is like no other place in the US. Dominated by mass transit not unlike London. To the rest of the country the lockdowns probably did more damage than good.

Correction. Except nursing homes and such places off course.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    big shrek and Ghost1958 like this.
  2. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

You could be right. We will not know for a while who was right and who was wrong, but i doubt people will even to agree with that.

3. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

You think differently when your decisions matter and you’re accountable. I er oils not fault most officials for maybe overreacting. There wasn’t any time for research and debate, they had to act quickly. But not lifting shelter in place now is less excusable.

4. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

Never let a crisis (real, inflated or just imagined) go to waste.

towboater, Ghost1958 and partdeux like this.
  5. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

We know the leaders and politicians are ill intentioned.
    The " experts " for the most part are in the ill intentioned powerful officials pockets.

towboater likes this.
  6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

The schools around the local area are preparing sack lunches for kids. Started out doing it daily, then cut back to ultimately one pick up day per week. Folks drive in with a couple of kids and they are given a weeks worth of lunches. Some enterprising individuals started going to multiple schools, collecting extra lunches, then using social media to sell the lunches.

If folks will scam the school lunch system, you can beat your azz someone will collect extra Covid19 treatment funding.

Merc, I know you are not naïve. Gubmint cheese always attracts rats.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    Ghost1958 likes this.
  7. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

I have a brain damaged brother. he's stuck at 5th grade sibling rivalry until he's worm food. since 1966. he literally argues about the word "hello". Can anybody answer "what's so hell about O?" didn't think so.

I have had no contact with the rest of my family since 1987, because they enable this behavior.

Gatoragn may well be Mother Dears Precious Little Davy. they certainly have similar thought processes. one more for the ignore list. show me any thread he posts in that does not turn into a food fight in the cafeteria.

If I ran a forum I would consider any use of the ignore list as one vote to put someone off the island. so, off to the polls for me. vote early, vote often.

Gatoragn likes this.
  8. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

you know mate...if you ran the forum...you would be speaking to yourself w/o out a mirror cuz you'd disagree with it and smash it!

enjoy your respite on your island...as well as the condensing conversations with yourself!

[shame you've excluded yourself from your family all these years -- you've missed the best part of your life!]

9. Gatoragn

To further illustrate our differences of opinion, style, etc., my wife & I grabbed takeout Sunday and had dinner with my mother on the gazebo outside the senior living center she resides in.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    ellis36 and Ghost1958 like this.
  10. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Nope. They alright !

Ghost1958, Gatoragn and OLD Ron like this.
  11. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Thanks Hookeye!
    BOOBS.jpg

towboater and Gatoragn like this.
  12. OldManMontgomery

OldManMontgomery Active Member

Worry about it - do something about it - as the economic damage gets worse with each second we are 'closed'. The COVID 19 is not nearly as lethal as claimed (less than a percent) but the economic result will be a serious depression and starvation.

Ghost1958 and Bigcountry02 like this.
  13. OldManMontgomery

OldManMontgomery Active Member

Models are based on data. They are not guesses, no matter what one thinks.

Here is the problem. If the baseline data is honest and genuine, the results will usually be reasonably reliable. If data is incomplete or just plain 'doctored' the results will be very misleading. So the question is how good is the data? Does it seem to agree with actual reports?

And as always, who benefits?

14. RaySendero

RaySendero Active Member

These models are based on assumptions.
    An assumption is something that you assume to be the case, even without proof.
    Assumptions can be WAGs, no matter what one thinks.

15. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Schrödinger’s cat.

16. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

Deleted post.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    jigs-n-fixture likes this.
  17. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

And that it may have been here since Sept, and 85% or so don't show any symptoms (or have mild cold like symptoms).

Impossible to say how many lives were saved by shutting down the economy.
    Have 5 deaths due to Covid in my county.

But the stress.............suicides up. Overdoses up. One murder and a couple attempted.
    How many of those due to Gook Puke hype?

Yeah those folks maybe predisposed to self exit due to other.

But then how many Covid deaths had one foot in the grave due to something else?

People today are weak and stupid.
    Just how the media likes em.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  18. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

In NY, even two feet in the grave, you die, it's due to CV19, no matter what the actual cause of death.

IL state official even admitted that. It appears to be happening in MI too.

towboater and Mister Dave like this.
  19. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Have you a link, to show that other causes of death are being recorded as CV. ?

Have you a link showing that 85% or so don't show any symptoms (or have mild cold like symptoms.?

20. Gatoragn

towboater likes this.