What I want for xmas

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by doctherock, Dec 13, 2010.

1. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I have to hold on till after Christmas to get my present and this is what it will be. At the moment I don't own a good shotty and after looking around the Mossberg 590/a1 special purpose looks goo to me. I wanted more than 6 rounds capacity and this will hold 8+1 at 2 3/4 and 7+1 at 3 inch. Buds Guns had it for $449 with free shipping then I'd have to pay my FFL $40.00. I'm hoping another gun shop close to me will have it in for a good price.

Anyone here have one, shot one or want one? All the things I've read and youtube videos I've watched on it impress the hell out of me. It would round out my bug out equipment well. I have the XD40, the mini-14 for now, want a bushmaster m4, and then I can round it out with the shotty.

Attached Files:

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

You want us to all chip in for ya Doc? :D

Need a defense shotty myself!

3. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Hell yes, feel free to chip into the get doc a shotty fund.
    I'm finally able to start replacing all the guns I sold while serving and it feels great.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I've got a 500 and I like it just fine. The 590 gives you more capacity, the speedfeed stock and Ghostring sights. I think you'll like it a bunch.

I didn't have the bucks for the 590 when I bought mine, so I bought Mossberg factory Ghostring sights and installed them myself. Right now there's a Pachmayr pistol grip on it for while we're in the city. When we exfil, I'll put the regular stock back on.

Gratuitous shotgun photo:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  5. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Very nice. I know Mossberg has the just in case shotgun a little cheaper but I do like the capacity in the 590. Sweet lookin shotty you got there.

6. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

I had one. Not a day goes by that I wish I hadn't gotten rid of it. Great shotgun! Not a better shotgun! Yes sir,that's the one I'd want. It sure would be a shame if it wasn't under the tree in the morning. No sir........I don't believe life would be worth living with out one. Boy, I sure hope you get it. :p;):D:rolleyes: Really,I did have one.There o.k..And your right they do look goo.

7. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Mine will wait till January, family gets xmas first, always.

8. Bello

Bello New Member

:DI have one. I added the Surefire flashlight system........LOVE IT.

Used it in 3 gun matches and i will never look back. Im buying another one has soon i get a chance. Im a 2 is 1 believer. lol

GET onE!! ;)

9. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

big 5 just had them on sale here for $379. Its a great gun. I have a 500 that I converted to 590 and recently the plastic trigger group broke, but I am replacing it with a metal one from brownells.

This is a crappy pic, but here's mine. When I get the receiver back from powdercoat I'll post another pic.
    [​IMG]

10. doctherock

doctherock New Member

looks good. I would buy the 500 if you could get a tube extension for it.

11. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Thats why I converted mine. I put a 590 mag tube on it so I could put a two shot extension, plus the barrel selection is better for the 590.

I did however take the extension off for a change of pace...and then lost the extended spring...lol...hahaha, hehehe...hehe.he.h uh I feel like an idiot.

12. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

I remember taking a look at mine way back when,and not that I had a problem with it, but wasn't the front sight and maybe the barrel/tube support attached with some kind of glue or epoxy ? I seem to remember that being rather odd.

13. fixxer

fixxer New Member

Sweet! Yep, I want one. It's either that or the 870 tactical for me.

14. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Looked at the 870. Didn't impress me as much.

15. Squirrel_Slayer

Squirrel_Slayer New Member

<-------- What I want for Christmas. Apparently Bret Favre wanted one too, Jenn Sterger.

16. orangello

orangello New Member

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND.....MOSSBERG PERSUADER 12 GAUGE.

MOSSBERG PISTOL GRIP TACTICAL SHOTGUN, 8 SHOT, VENTED HEAT SHIELD. BRAND NEW IN THE FACTORY BOX WITH WARRENTY AND MOSSBERG CABLE LOCK....ITEM # MOSS-PERSUADER..........$289.95

Classic Arms Inc. 'bout halfway down the front page, just under the target with lime green diamond shapes.

I just have the regular ole Mossy 500, with a 18.5 barrel & some plastic stuff.

similar but from CTD, no vented heat shield: 47809 - 12 Gauge Mossberg 500 Special Purpose Persuader Pump Action Shotgun 20" Barrel 8 Rounds Synthetic Stock Blued Finish

17. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Thanks gello, I'll take a peek.

18. doctherock

doctherock New Member

So I got an add for Big 5 Sports and they have a Mossberg security 12 guage 9 round for $279. I am going to pick it up and just add a different stock and the ghost ring sights.

19. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's a good way to go Doc. You can get the Ghortrings directly from Mossberg. The rear screws in and the front sight can be either soldered or epoxied on.

20. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Thanks for the info CA. Wont need them right away but it will be a nice touch.