What I think a handgun is.

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by LeroyBryant4700, Oct 13, 2011.

1. LeroyBryant4700

LeroyBryant4700 New Member

A handgun is a gun leading up to a real gun. I myself like shotguns, and rifles more. But my opinion can't change your views on them.

2. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Your opinion is yours. You want to alienate a bunch of the forum members with your first posts? Stop by the introductions area and tell us a little about yourself. Welcome to FTF.

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

So what causes you to think that a handgun is not a "real gun"? Lets hear some explanations, i need some amusement

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Handguns certainly have their place! One would look pretty stupid carrying a 12 ga. Shotgun in an ankle holster for CCW. And I am sure the public would be a little upset in American if all of the law enforcement officers walked around carrying a shotgun or AR Rifles for that fact, as their only and primary weapon. It would look like a third world country. So I can not comprehend the position of a handgun not being a real gun!

5. LeroyBryant4700

LeroyBryant4700 New Member

I think a gun is something that is powerful.

6. Agent_H

Agent_H New Member

Mmmm..... yeah.

7. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Attached Files:

8. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Hahahahaha,exaxtly!

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, sir, there is no accounting for tastes- or opinions- but I would humbly point out that there are many handguns that are more powerful than some rifles and some shotguns.

Each firearm has a role to play- or they would not make them, and people would not buy them. I can't dove hunt with a .357 magnum, and a 12 guage is fairly useless at 300 yards, but you will be a tad clumsy trying to bring an AR into action while sitting behind the wheel of a car.

Myself? For serious social encounters, I have a preference for crew served artillery, or bits of nasty delivered by a fast moving aircraft, while I sit two mountains away with a radio and a GREAT pair of binoculars. That, sir, is POWER.

10. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

Handguns are dumb.

I like to do building searches with a little more power and barrel length for added close quarters accuracy. It makes it easier to sweep your backup....

Carry something with some power...

GE_XM214_Minigun-2.jpg

11. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR-_9V25zag]Dillon M134 MiniGun - YouTube[/ame]

12. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

There are large numbers of bad guys who have occupied slabs in the morgue that would dispute the fact of a hand gun being a 'real gun'.

13. CourtJester

CourtJester Active Member

I think you're all FOS....

Real guns shoot nails

[​IMG]

14. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

I am baffled. I dont have a response for such ignorance.

15. Austin1

Austin1 New Member

Post like this make forums seem like a place for bad info. Please do us all a favor and educate your self. If you feel like thats too hard of a task. please, stfu.

16. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

He has one point. If you're really expecting trouble and can only have one firearm on your person, then a long gun of some variety would really be superior.

Thankfully in America we aren't limited to one firearm, generally, and if one could have a long gun and a healthy sidearm, that would be mo' betta.

17. towboater

towboater Active Member

I wouldnt want to try firing a long gun off my bike.

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

The legal definition of a handgun in my state, is any weapon that is capable of being fired using one or both hands, and does not have a stock for shoulder mounting (not the exact language, but close enough, and carries the same meaning)

That being said, stand on the receiving end of handguns, rifles and shotguns, and let us know which one hurts more.

19. n8sigguy

n8sigguy New Member

Here's my favorite shotgun. Small (er) concealable (barely) point in the general direction of attacker, shoot several times & problem is resolved. judge.jpg